Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Forums@avsimdotcom message

Hi.Is there any one else that is getting the message regarding "subscription"? I do not open any messages that I do not know why / where they come from. Are these real / from AVSIM? I get one or two on a daily basis. Thanks. TV

Guest Philip Olson

I have never seen one, I would assume that this is bad stuff unless someone comes in here and says other wise. I get so sick of this "spoofing" stuff that goes on to get people infected with a virus or steal their identity, I would like to meet some of these people face to face!Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Ken_Salter

Can you forward me the email? ksalter AT avsim.com...thanks

Hi, Ken.I've deleted the one I got today. I am sure I will get another one and when I do, I will try to forward it to you. The only thing that I can think of, that would make it from here, is the new Library registration? but I will not take a chance. I started computing back before CPM days, that's before PCs were around, and I never had a virus on any of my systems, I am not about to start now. Thanks for your response. TV

Guest j-mo

Whenever I "subscribe" to a topic, I receive an e-mail titled "Topic subscription email notification" from "forum@avsim.com" whever there are subsequent posts. Just checking to make sure this isn't what you are getting.Alex M.

Hi.I never do that. The message is from "forums@avsim.com" "... regarding your subscription" TV

Guest Ken_Salter

You are subscribed to the PC / MAC Hardware for Simulations forum, which is why you are getting the email.Do you want to stay subscribed, or do you want me to remove you?

Hi, Ken.I never subscribed to it, knowingly, it may be by default in some way. Does the mean that everytime someone posts a message in the PC / MAC Hardware, I will get the message from AVSIM? If that is case I would like to be removed. Thanks. TV

Guest Ken_Salter

Yes that is what it means, and you are hereby removed. :-)