Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Opinions on Majestic Q 400 Dash 8 for P3D

I am looking for a small regional jet to fly shorter hops around the US. When I was into FS years ago I flew PMDG and Level D aircraft, so I like something that flies nice and is realistic. Wondering how this Dash 8 rates with that in mind.  http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you're looking for something serious, than the Dash8 is a great aircraft. It's a beautifully created aircraft, with very detailed systems. It's not an easy aircraft to fly, because it's pretty light and has lots of power, same as the real Dash8, but it's a nice challenge.

Cheers!

Maarten

Majestic are the only developers who make PMDG look amateurish in system complexity. And they haven't even released their more complex versions yet.!

`Nuff said.  <_<

I wouldn't go that far with the PMDG comparisons. Each mfg puts out best-in-class products that work like the real thing and fly about as well as you can on the desktop. The difference is the Dash and its associated systems, especially the AP and FMS, make for a somewhat quirkier experience than the standard Boeing. More challenging to fly. More rewarding to master, but a bit like driving a Citroen instead of, say, a Mercedes. Weird, but very, very, very easy to love.

I installed the Q400 last evening, and the day before I purchased the video Airline2Sim - Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Cadet HD Video Training.  After watching the 1st two segments of the video, I was able to start up the 400, taxi out at FLL, fly out about 10 miles or so, and turn around and land it successfully. The video really speeds up the process of learning this aircraft in my opinion. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The guys from Airline2Sim have done a great job with those videos and this is just the first of 3 parts.

Cheers!

Maarten

There are also videos on Youtube which are pretty good. 

One tidbit of info.

If you have any sort of Cockpit at home..like using Saitek Instrument gauge for the panels like attitude indicator or something, this external gauges would not work with the aircraft.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter