Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Milviz B55 or C310?

I want Reality-XP integration, and in their forums I think only the B55 has it? I am wondering what is your favorite of the 2 MilViz, the B55 or C310? I'd like a fast high quality twin. Thank you

I prefeer the B55, but I have read that the B55 is a bit heavier in FPS.

What about the RA Duke B60 V2 (or turbine duke V2)

Cheers :)

N.-

I prefeer the B55, but I have read that the B55 is a bit heavier in FPS.

What about the RA Duke B60 V2 (or turbine duke V2)

Cannot stand the lack of proper night lighting in the virtual cockpit of the Real Air, and while Rob is a nice person he becomes hostile when I asked him if there was a way to give us a backlighting and dome light switch separately.

I almost bought the A2A 182 even though I missed the sale, but I know I will want something faster to enjoy all the Orbx regions.

Cannot stand the lack of proper night lighting in the virtual cockpit of the Real Air, and while Rob is a nice person he becomes hostile when I asked him if there was a way to give us a backlighting and dome light switch separately.

I almost bought the A2A 182 even though I missed the sale, but I know I will want something faster to enjoy all the Orbx regions.

Yeah, i dont have it but i saw some pictures. Its a shame for me.

I read that the issues with FPS on the B55 are because of the GPS. Some people turns it off and gain some performace.

Also there is a fix that replaces the textures with some less quality ones, but that didn't help too much.

If you have a PMDG 737 and runs well, surely the B55 will do :P

Even though i didnt own it, i researched a lot because i wanted to purchase it too.

Talking about speed, i dont know if the B55 is lot faster than the C182. You have the Carenado B58, the PC-12 also.

N.-

Just a word of caution. If you decided to purchase the Milviz product just make sure you buy direct from their website. Milviz has a fairly strict policy on updates - they will only supply it if you bought through them, otherwise you will need to get it from your original supplier - and if they don't offer it you are out of luck.  (this has been my direct experience).

Good info thanks Ray. Milviz has the B55 for 30usd, that is a good price.

N, I dislike Carenado because of all the tweaking needed. I want to like their PC-12 because it is my favorite aircraft in real life, but the sounds are poor and an engine mod is required but still some bugs and a not that realistic flight model persist. I wish Realair or A2A made a Pilatus PC-12, or Flight1 redid theirs.

Looks like I am going B55

I prefer the B55 as well.  I have had a bit of a performance issue on it, however my cure was to completely disable the included GPS units, and use RXP units instead.  Runs smooth as butter, with that done.  There are also upgrades available for it which allow you to use the GTN units from Flight1, or the Mindstar GNS units.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I prefer the B55 as well.  I have had a bit of a performance issue on it, however my cure was to completely disable the included GPS units, and use RXP units instead.  Runs smooth as butter, with that done.  There are also upgrades available for it which allow you to use the GTN units from Flight1, or the Mindstar GNS units.

Hi Jimmy,

Can you share your panel for the B55 and rxp units?

Thx.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Jimmy,

Thx.

Sorry, no can do.  It's been uninstalled for at least 6 months or so.  It was nothing difficult though, simply double-slashing '//' out any of the included gps lines in the panel.cfg and then including some RXP config lines, which if I recall correctly, I added to the toggle-able 'flat' panel that's included.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Just a word of caution. If you decided to purchase the Milviz product just make sure you buy direct from their website. Milviz has a fairly strict policy on updates - they will only supply it if you bought through them, otherwise you will need to get it from your original supplier - and if they don't offer it you are out of luck. (this has been my direct experience).

Hi Ray - interesting, as my experience was exactly the opposite.  I purchased the B55 from one outside vendor (Flight1 I think? - don't remember for sure), and the C310 from another - in this case the short-lived Avsim store.  When they moved to their new system, I was emailed information regarding updates to the B55 directly from them.  I emailed them (Edit - actually I recall now I posted on their support site) asking about the C310 and explaining where I'd purchased, Colin replied requested proof of purchase from Avsim which I supplied via email, and the update information for the 310 was sent.

That said, I do agree that it's best to purchase directly - a policy I recommend for almost all purchases if possible.

DJ, I'm not at my sim computer right now (and won't be for a bit) but somewhere back when the B55 was first released, I posted the settings I originally got to work.  Search for my username, B55 and RXP and you can hopefully find it.  As noted, it's not terribly difficult to get working.

Edit - did a quick search and found a re-post I'd done here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408441-milviz-b55-help-with-rxp-gns430530/#entry2673202

BTW, I also prefer the baby Baron as it's a plane I've spend a lot of time in IRL, and because they did such a good job with the cockpit modeling - based on a RW B55.

Scott

Edited by tttocs

I really want to buy the B55, but the FPS issues because of the GPS really push me out.

I dont own RealityXP or Flight1, and they arent in my short list of purchase.

OP: share your experiences with the B55 and the stock gps please

N.-

Hi Ray - interesting, as my experience was exactly the opposite.  I purchased the B55 from one outside vendor (Flight1 I think? - don't remember for sure), and the C310 from another - in this case the short-lived Avsim store.  When they moved to their new system, I was emailed information regarding updates to the B55 directly from them.  I emailed them (Edit - actually I recall now I posted on their support site) asking about the C310 and explaining where I'd purchased, Colin replied requested proof of purchase from Avsim which I supplied via email, and the update information for the 310 was sent.

That said, I do agree that it's best to purchase directly - a policy I recommend for almost all purchases if possible.

DJ, I'm not at my sim computer right now (and won't be for a bit) but somewhere back when the B55 was first released, I posted the settings I originally got to work.  Search for my username, B55 and RXP and you can hopefully find it.  As noted, it's not terribly difficult to get working.

Edit - did a quick search and found a re-post I'd done here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408441-milviz-b55-help-with-rxp-gns430530/#entry2673202

BTW, I also prefer the baby Baron as it's a plane I've spend a lot of time in IRL, and because they did such a good job with the cockpit modeling - based on a RW B55.

Scott

Thanks!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Ray - interesting, as my experience was exactly the opposite. I purchased the B55 from one outside vendor (Flight1 I think? - don't remember for sure), and the C310 from another - in this case the short-lived Avsim store. When they moved to their new system, I was emailed information regarding updates to the B55 directly from them. I emailed them (Edit - actually I recall now I posted on their support site) asking about the C310 and explaining where I'd purchased, Colin replied requested proof of purchase from Avsim which I supplied via email, and the update information for the 310 was sent.

Yes, I had seen your posts and followed up with a PM to Colin when I could not find the update on the purchase website and copied my email proof of purchase when no-one responded from the original site. ( I had a system crash and had to reinstall Win 7 from scratch having lost all my registrations I was met with the response to the affect  "sorry can't help you". ???  I PM'd back and the response was "Sorry you feel that way". So there you go. Perhaps there was a valid reason he was more sympathetic to you rather than me - either way you cannot have one policy for one person and another for someone else - be that as it may, I did purchase the 732 from them and love it. I was also considering the Turbo twin when it goes out of beta....

I prefer the Cessna. Better frame rates and IMHO, better flight dynamics.

I was met with the response to the affect "sorry can't help you". ???

Interesting, but I think I see the difference.  The products I purchased were no longer available from either of the sites I originally bought from.  Sounds like in your case, the channel you used still offers the product.  If that's the situation Milviz would've updated them and they should bear the responsibility for providing updates.  It's lousy, though, when the consumer get's caught in the middle which leads us back to your original point with which I wholeheartedly agree.  If you can, buy direct from the developer.  It's the best way to go in the long run even if it costs a few dollars more up front.

Scott