Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Milviz B55 or C310?

I really want to buy the B55, but the FPS issues because of the GPS really push me out.

I dont own RealityXP or Flight1, and they arent in my short list of purchase.

OP: share your experiences with the B55 and the stock gps please

there is a big fps problem with the stock gps, even selecting the aircraft in the setup flight screen the airplane doesn't rotate around smoothly. Loading it up my fps is worse than the pmdg 777. Panning in the cockpit the whole sim freezes up every 10 seconds or so. There is something very wrong with this airplane. I am very disappointed. I will try switching the default gps for the reality-xp but that is not a good sign.

there is a big fps problem with the stock gps, even selecting the aircraft in the setup flight screen the airplane doesn't rotate around smoothly. Loading it up my fps is worse than the pmdg 777. Panning in the cockpit the whole sim freezes up every 10 seconds or so. There is something very wrong with this airplane. I am very disappointed. I will try switching the default gps for the reality-xp but that is not a good sign.

What a shame :(

Surely the RXP will help

Cheers :)

N.-

I used their rxp panel config and the same fps problem. Looks like I made a mistake buying this one. I like the Milviz 737 but something is very wrong with their B55. Opened up their reality-xp panelc.fg file and it is a mess. The old gps lines are still there so the bad default gns is still getting loaded, and that is what is causing the slowdown I bet.

To get rid of the slowdown I had to manually remove all the milviz gns lines in the panel.cfg. and replace them with the realityXp lines. But now my cockpit looks like this rWH4vSF.jpg

Hope support can help me over email or someone here. I'm done trying to tweak it all myself. So far not a happy customer.

I used their rxp panel config and the same fps problem. Looks like I made a mistake buying this one. I like the Milviz 737 but something is very wrong with their B55

Not sure what you mean here by "used the RXP panel config".  Do you have the RXP 430 and 530 and are they up and functioning when you test, or am I simply misunderstanding what you're saying?  FYI, I could never get their RXP panel config file to work, so did my own mods to the default panel as noted above.

I'm running a fairly modest system in terms of hardware with lots of payware airports, Orbx regions, ASN wx and so on, and with the RXP 530 and 430 integrated this plane is not the least bit demanding.  I'm not suggesting that you're not seeing what you're seeing - just pointing out that there's something not right here, as the plane has been a solid performer for many of us.

Scott

Try to delete the popout GPS (i mean, when you click Shift+Number). 

Cheers :)

N.-

Not sure what you mean here by "used the RXP panel config".  Do you have the RXP 430 and 530 and are they up and functioning when you test, or am I simply misunderstanding what you're saying?  FYI, I could never get their RXP panel config file to work, so did my own mods to the default panel as noted above.

I'm running a fairly modest system in terms of hardware with lots of payware airports, Orbx regions, ASN wx and so on, and with the RXP 530 and 430 integrated this plane is not the least bit demanding.  I'm not suggesting that you're not seeing what you're seeing - just pointing out that there's something not right here, as the plane has been a solid performer for many of us.

Scott

I do have both and the unlimited license to crossfill. There was another panel.cfg file named RXPpanel.cfg in the panel folder, so I thought to use that. I will try your config in the link did not see that before. Thanks

The framerate problem happens if you use the default gps, so I wanted to let that person know I had issues unless I replaced the default gps with the Reality-XP

Scott

The screenshot I posted is what my b55 cockpit looks like even after I coped over your panel.cfg exactly.

I used their rxp panel config and the same fps problem. Looks like I made a mistake buying this one. I like the Milviz 737 but something is very wrong with their B55. Opened up their reality-xp panelc.fg file and it is a mess. The old gps lines are still there so the bad default gns is still getting loaded, and that is what is causing the slowdown I bet.

To get rid of the slowdown I had to manually remove all the milviz gns lines in the panel.cfg. and replace them with the realityXp lines. But now my cockpit looks like this rWH4vSF.jpg

Hope support can help me over email or someone here. I'm done trying to tweak it all myself. So far not a happy customer.

I was having the same exact problem with the latest installer.

Use the F1 Wrapper Installer version (an older version) with Scott's panel & gps.ini and it works perfectly.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I give up. back to the RealAir Duke. I will try again this weekend to get the RXP units working otherwise I'm going to ask for a refund. I really want to like the B55 the cockpit textures look great

I give up. back to the RealAir Duke. I will try again this weekend to get the RXP units working otherwise I'm going to ask for a refund. I really want to like the B55 the cockpit textures look great

The MV Baron55 has one of the best looking GA steam gauge cockpits I've seen.  I love the needle deflection on the ammeter.  It amazes me how many developers overlook this item which is on most, if not all checklists.

Maybe the cockpit designer could chime in with some suggestions? 

Don't give up. This one is a keeper!

I just did some flying in FTX Norway. GNS 430/530 equiped, thanks to Scott. Check out these pics:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97765-vigra-norway/

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you're not registered for the Milviz forums, please do so, and ask for help there.  Official support is only provided though the product forums. Instructions on how to register can be found at http://milviz.com/flight/support.php .  If you have registered and have yet to receive an answer, don't despair, it might take a bit for someone to figure out your issue!

Yes, I had seen your posts and followed up with a PM to Colin when I could not find the update on the purchase website and copied my email proof of purchase when no-one responded from the original site. ( I had a system crash and had to reinstall Win 7 from scratch having lost all my registrations I was met with the response to the affect  "sorry can't help you". ???  I PM'd back and the response was "Sorry you feel that way". So there you go. Perhaps there was a valid reason he was more sympathetic to you rather than me - either way you cannot have one policy for one person and another for someone else - be that as it may, I did purchase the 732 from them and love it. I was also considering the Turbo twin when it goes out of beta....

Ray, can you PM me on the details?  I might (I emphasize the might...) be able to help you out, depending on the product involved, or at least shed a bit more light on the issues involved.  The policies aren't dependent on the customer, but rather a combination of the product and where / how it was purchased.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The framerate problem happens if you use the default gps, so I wanted to let that person know I had issues unless I replaced the default gps with the Reality-XP

Just for the record, those are not "default gps" units included. They are custom coded, but yes, they are based on the fs9gps.dll system, so they aren't the most frame-rate friendly.

That is precisely why we created the "Free Radio Panel" option, so that folks could use RXP if they have then, or alternatively install Mindstar's GNS530/430, or Flight1's GTN750/650 units.

Further assistance will need to take place in the official support forums though.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just for the record, those are not "default gps" units included. They are custom coded, but yes, they are based on the fs9gps.dll system, so they aren't the most frame-rate friendly.

That is precisely why we created the "Free Radio Panel" option, so that folks could use RXP if they have then, or alternatively install Mindstar's GNS530/430, or Flight1's GTN750/650 units.

Further assistance will need to take place in the official support forums though.

The FPS issue persists when using the rxp_panel.cfg optional file, I then copied the panel.cfg posted on thef irst page here and get the result of the screenshot. I posted in the B55 support forum.

The FPS issue persists when using the rxp_panel.cfg optional file, I then copied the panel.cfg posted on thef irst page here and get the result of the screenshot. I posted in the B55 support forum.

We'll help you get it sorted out over on the official support forum.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator