Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Tu-134: The Circle is closed

Sim: FS2004

Textures: FS9Evo

Sky/Clouds: HDEv2

Sceneries: Gökhan Bayrakdar (Atatürk Airport LTBA freeware), Winfried Orthmann (Afcad files for several Georgian Airports freeware), Alexander Svanidze (Tbilisi International Airport UGTB freeware), "Edetroit" (UGTB approaches), some landclass corrections and missing afcads by myself (preliminary, not yet available)

Plane: SCS v.2.0

Hi folks,

some of you have followed my round-the-world journey in an old Tu-134 for the last weeks and months. Now the circuit is closed: Today I reached UGTB Tbilisi from LIRN Napoli via LTBA Istanbul Atatürk - from Tbilisi I had departed eastward on December 7th, 2014.

After some days of holidays and/or GA flying (and not to forget the Georgian Independence Day on May 26th) I will return to Germany via Kiev and Warsaw. But that will just be flying home, or: an epilogue. And by the way, the next RTW tour is already planned...

Here are some pictures from my flight LTBA - UGTB, the last leg. I simulated my real world flight as passenger that I took with a Turkish Airlines B737-900 in August 2013. A special thanks goes out to our respected Avsim member Edetroit, who created some approaches for UGTB, particularly the BAGEM DME Arc approach to Rwy 31L that was performed at that very flight.

Have fun!

LTBA is one of the best spotting opportunities that I know:

150512%20Tu134%20LTBA8_zpszdtv2ouv.jpg

150512%20Tu134%20LTBA6_zpsebvjyxj9.jpg

150513%20Tu134%20LTBA3_zpshce5agus.jpg

Climbing to cruise level

150513%20Tu134%20LTBA4_zps1w2ibwul.jpg

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB1_zpsdjnv0qf3.jpg

Above the Tsalka reservoir, heading for BAGEM waypoint where the BAGEM DME Arc approach starts

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB2_zpsvp2bapwh.jpg

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB_zps3ihskikv.jpg

Can you see the Tbilisi TV Tower? Unfortunately, the pictures seem to be resized at saving, so that it is in fact quite hard to recognize.

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB3_zpsm8nvtqmn.jpg

It needs some attention to follow the Arc, but then...

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB5_zps7wkxgx9a.jpg

... the round-the-world tour has its last touchdown.

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB6_zpsnlicq9kk.jpg

Some impressions from Tbilisi, where impressive planes can be seen - in good or not so good condition. (These don't show liveries of the real world planes and only partially the real world types - in fact there's no Il-62 in Tbilisi)

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB8_zpsnvxqlhws.jpg

The military part

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB10_zpsrs2gru2o.jpg

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB17_zps04vbgyc6.jpg

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB11_zpsyp33kjtr.jpg

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB12_zpsr9whmssy.jpg

Finished at last!

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB13_zpsviauv3cr.jpg

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB18_zps3jfavif4.jpg

This picture is dedicated to Ed (Edetroit) for his UGTB approaches.

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB15_zpsnspuygc0.jpg

So this journey finishes with a last view on the brave Tu-134 in the setting sun, in the background Tbilisi downtown with the TV-Tower overlooking it from Mt. Mtazminda.

150513%20Tu134%20UGTB19_zps0rp6pk1b.jpg

Best wishes and regards,

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Pretty impressive achievement, Harald.  I'll miss the travelogue, but hope you keep posting shots of other flights.

John G.

Wonderful stuff Harald!  :Applause:  I love your military helicopter AI at Tbilisi (if it's easy to wrap up I'd love a copy)

Thank you for the IL-76 shot …actually I'd like to take the An-12 out of UGTB. :BigGrin:

I doff my hat to your lovely Tu-134.  …well done for getting Harald around the world. :hi:

My heart however is taken by the Tu-154M ….which I have been neglecting for far far too long.

Gaumarjos! 

I really enjoyed your round the world flight! I got to see a few airport sceneries that you had that I did not have.

if it's easy to wrap up I'd love a copy

Of course. If you don't have a problem with being this AI quite "preliminary" and fictional, I will collect the files over the coming weekend and PM you. Which Helicopter AI models do you own - do you own the SBAI Mi-8?

I got to see a few airport sceneries that you had that I did not have

Thank you! All freeware airports should be available from one of the big three libraries. If you have problems to find them, I'd like to research the source (if I'm still able to; there are probably some sceneries of which I don't know the source anymore).

hope you keep posting shots of other flights

I surely will. Glad that you liked the journey.

Gaumarjos!

Oh yes, this is really worth a toast with a fine Georgian wine. Gaumarjos!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Which Helicopter AI models do you own - do you own the SBAI Mi-8

I just tried to purchase the SBAI Mi-8 ….. but it was too tricky. So I'll be fine without thank you Harald.

I'll try to deliver an alternative, the one by Milan Lisner which I used before SBAI. It may still be somewhere at my HD. It just hasn't the immersive T/O behaviour.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hello Harald, I tried again to purchase the SBAI Mil-8. This time I parted with my money ….. but received no

download link, perhaps I should have flowed my instincts. :unsure:

:o bad to read this.

In my case, I had absolutely no problem with all four buys I did from them. I got a mail either from Sergey Bunevich or from "Kramaxa"; did you eventually check your spam folder, as the former used an Ukrainian E-Mail-address? Since then, Mi-8Ts and Mi-8Ms fill my whole Russian and CIS sceneries.

Meanwhile I have looked for the Lisner model. Unfortunately, my backups are gone with the crash of both my HDs in March. I once got it from flightsim.cz:

http://www.flightsim.cz/fsitem.php?act=exe&id=377&menu=

but my GAF repaint for this model has definitely gone south.

All other necessary informations will follow. I hope you get your Mi-8 soon!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Good show Harald, a thoughtful and entertaining trip!

Next up: round the world in a tall ship?  :o

Even at 128x sim speed, it will generally be slower than your Tupolev...

I hope you get your Mi-8 soon

I am now in receipt of both Mi-8 packages …there was a problem with the website. Let's  :Party:

Good show Harald, a thoughtful and entertaining trip!

Next up: round the world in a tall ship? :o

Even at 128x sim speed, it will generally be slower than your Tupolev...

Thanks WingZ for following.

I thought about using the HMS Bounty for the next trip, indeed, but also about speeding the thing up by using the Wright Flyer when flying over land...

I am now in receipt of both Mi-8 packages

Congrats! Corresponding with this, you have a PM. And thanks again Ed for following this journey.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg