Sign in to follow this  
redbarron79

Cessna 441 Sound

Hello all,

Firstly, want to say that this is a great aircraft, and I have enjoyed flying it.

My only query/concern is the sound files. When i start the aircraft in the VC, the interior engine sounds are fantastic. As soon as i go to an exterior view, the sounds change and it kinda sounds like a buzz saw....very annoying....

If i start No. 1 first and am in the exterior view, the spool up/light off and stabilization sounds are fantastic. As soon as i hit the starter for the No. 2 engine...the dreaded buzz saw effect comes back.... 

I have tried numerous times uninstalling/re-installing......no effect...

It's driving me bonkers.....lol   :wacko:  :wacko:

I just purchased the C441 at PC Aviator yesterday and am having the same poor exterior sound issues. And, like you, it's driving me nuts! It sounds like a stock FSX C172 sound. The interior sound set rocks!   There's a good YouTube video by Storm KILM that has excellent exterior sounds for the 441.  I wonder if we have an older version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcdrbfvfpSg.

Any help from Flysimware would be much appreciated!

OK. I have a workaround...  First, the exterior sound file in question (xTPE331b) and can be found in the sound folder here:

FSX or P3D>SimObjects>Airplanes>FLYSIM Cessna 441>sound.  Find & play the sound file, and if it sounds OK to you, go no further.

For those of you that would like an alternative, open the SOUND.cfg file in the same sound folder. Using a text editor, scroll down to the grouping with the heading: [x6902].  Change the next line to: filename=xTPE331a.  Now, scroll down to the grouping with the heading: [x441b].  Change the next line to: filename=xTPE331a.

Save the CFG file and you are good to go.

Now, if Joe or others with Flysimware, say that the sound file xTPE331b is an accurate exterior sound for engine 2, then you can always go back to that sound flie.

Hi EagleOne49,

I'll follow your suggestions and edit the sound cfg file, ill let you know how i go!

Cheers

redbarron79:

Great!  I understand v1.6 is now out at the Flysimware store and it is supposed to address some sound issues among other things.  I don't know if it is available at other retail outlets yet.

redbarron79:

Great!  I understand v1.6 is now out at the Flysimware store and it is supposed to address some sound issues among other things.  I don't know if it is available at other retail outlets yet.

hmmmm.............. just checked fspilotshop......still version 1.5..... :unsure:

Simmarket have had v1.6 available on users account for 2 or 3 weeks now.  

Might need to drop FSPilotShop an email urging / reminding them to update to the latest version.

How do you tell which version is available? I can't find the version number anywhere!

SkipperMac

The *.exe file/folder shows the version number in the title: "Flysimware_MITSUBISHI_MU-2B-60_FSX--P3D_Rev1.7".

The exterior sound issue that redbarron79 introduced in this thread and that I discussed is still present in Rev1.7 at startup, but seems to "clear up" during climb out and cruise.  ?????    

The *.exe file/folder shows the version number in the title: "Flysimware_MITSUBISHI_MU-2B-60_FSX--P3D_Rev1.7".

NOT where the Cessna 441 is concerned, which this thread is about! My 441 downloads have no version number appended. 

SkipperMac

Sorry, SkipperMac. My error.  I was cutting/pasting - never a good idea.  But, yes, it is in the executable file title for the Flysimware Cessa 441.  So, go to your download folder and open the folder entitled "Flysimware_CESSNA_441_FSX--P3D." Then open the folder with the same name and you'll find 4 files: the executable file (application), and 3 text documents.  If you expand the width of the file name column, you will expose the entire executable file name:  "Flysimware_441_CONQUEST_II_FSX--P3D_REV1.6", or whichever version you own.

And to clarify my latest comment in this thread re: the exterior sounds of the C441, I meant to say in the latest version Rev1.6, not Rev1.7 which does not exist for the C441, at least for now.

Hope that helps.  Sorry for the confusion.

The exterior sound issue that redbarron79 introduced in this thread and that I discussed is still present in Rev1.7 at startup, but seems to "clear up" during climb out and cruise.  ?????    

It sure does EagleOne49........... I found the same issue present.......So i just went back to your modified sound.cfg......no more buzz sound!

Version 1.7 is now available, but for those who bought it at fspilotshop, they just recently updated to 1.6 after I sent them a ticket. I sent another one this morning alerting them that 1.7 is out for the 441, hopefully the devs got it out to the stores already.