Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Navigraph new 7.50 euro pacakage/month

Can't wait for the iPad app... searching the App store every day now, LOL

Well they said it won't be out until next month sometime.

Well they said it won't be out until next month sometime.

Shows you how excited I am doesn't it?  :lol:

In an earlier post in this thread I stated: "You may access your downloaded charts without connection or subscription using the Desktop app."  That statement is incorrect, you must have an active subscription and be online to access any of your content, including charts you have already downloaded.

DJ

In an earlier post in this thread I stated: "You may access your downloaded charts without connection or subscription using the Desktop app."  That statement is incorrect, you must have an active subscription and be online to access any of your content, including charts you have already downloaded.

DJ

Thanks for the clairification.

I went ahead and got a 1 month subscription and if this turns out to be true I certainly think it's a step back from the system that was in place before.

Though I can understand that for people flying from/to a lot of airports it's probably a much better deal.

I think they had to do that to stop anyone from downloading everything and doing a runner after 1 month. There must be 50+ training vids alone that they would want to protect

ZORAN

Big difference in costings though . large yearly saving considering its a whopping 90 euros for 12x  monthly

A bundle subscription unlimited access to all our Charts and FMS Data services, including all revisions/cycles released over a period of one year (365 days).  
EUR 64.90  
EUR 59.90 Navigraph Ultimate Monthly
A bundle subscription with continuous and unlimited access to all our Charts and FMS Data services, including all revisions/cycles released. Will be automatically billed monthly (every 30 days). There is no binding period, it can be cancelled at any time.  
EUR 7.50 / mo

ZORAN

Big difference in costings though . large yearly saving considering its a whopping 90 euros for 12x  monthly

Yeah, and that is supposed to be a "bargain?" :Confused:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

€60 a year seams pretty cheap to me. I've paid more then that in one nights drinking session

€60 a year seams pretty cheap to me. I've paid more then that in one nights drinking session

The monthly subscription is the topic of this thread. Yes, paying yearly is cheaper. The monthly 7.50 "deal" seems a bit less of a good deal though!

7.50 x 12 = 90.00

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7.50 is easy to manage so in that context it works out a good deal

ZORAN

Actually, the purpose of the monthly sub is to give folks flexibility - not to save them money.  It turns out that a lot of users would sign on, buy a few airports, and maybe an AIRAC and then disappear - that actually was a loss for Navigraph.  The monthly is a way to balance Navigraph's cash flow a bit.  It provides a dependable minimum income per user per month.  You may no longer buy individual airport charts or AIRACs - you must subscribe one way or another...

DJ

Oh I see what you mean about the €90, that's in-line with how most other subscriptions work though, yearly is cheaper, so really they are only following standard business practice. But an up-front cost could be a bit too much more some, or maybe they want to give it a go first.

I like the monthly subscription - never bought anything from navigraph before and the monthly subscription is much easier to swallow than the price of an addon upfront for charts and data for a year.

I like the flexibility of the monthly subscription for up-to-date data, heck I pay netflix, Sky television, broadband all monthly so why not this too...

I used to buy charts, but realise that even though they are cheap, I'd easily spend over the monthly allowance. Some people might need to hide that direct debit from their husband/wife though :P

There is no monthly allowance; charts aren't sold individually anymore  - it's 7.50 eur and all you can eat in a month...  be aware, however, that you can only use the charts application a limited number of times after your subscription lapses or if you are offline.  For unlimited use of the charts application you must have a subscription and be online and logged in.

DJ