Sign in to follow this  
KenG

MV B350i A2.150304 Crash to Desktop

Anyone else getting crash to desktop after installing this product?

Since installing I am getting an abundance of CTD based on the G2D.dll error which was not present prior to installing this product. The only difference in my setup is the MV B350i.

I am using FSX Boxed edition with acceleration.

I am thinking it may have something to do with text in the FMS or the MFD that is causing a buffer overflow. I will try the same route in a different aircraft (non MV B350i) and see if I can get the same overflow to happen.

Just to be clear, as I know how ultra-sensitive the MV team is on anything they believe is criticism of their product, I am starting with the most likely product (the one I last installed.) I am simply trying to sort out what is going on and see if I am the only one experiencing a particular CTD  after installing a product. I understand that the product is unfinished and I am NOT asking the MV Team for any help. Looking to the user community on this one.

Thank you,

Hello Ken, 

I've never experienced any CTD issues with the B350i on FSX, Win 7/64. Due to lack of progress updates and "its ready when its ready" status for about three years now, I have not used it for several months. 

Les Parson

Hello Ken,

I had a lot of ctd on older builds, but the latest one (the one you reference, from early march) seemed to solved them all for me.

I don’t have very complex airports/scenery so am not specially prone to ooms... but the ka350 seems to behave similarly to other payware planes.

Just a quick check: do these ctd happen only with the ka? If not, look elsewhere, no milviz modules are loaded until you load the plane.

Fred

Are you using the product when you CTD?  or is the ctd happening even when not using it?

Nothing we have put out there would be causing a CTD unless our products are being used....

Les, your email has been bouncing and so we have not been able to update you on any products.  If you have another mail, please send it to me by PM.  

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hello Ken,
I had a lot of ctd on older builds, but the latest one (the one you reference, from early march) seemed to solved them all for me.
I don’t have very complex airports/scenery so am not specially prone to ooms... but the ka350 seems to behave similarly to other payware planes.

Just a quick check: do these ctd happen only with the ka? If not, look elsewhere, no milviz modules are loaded until you load the plane.

Fred

Fred,

This error has so far only appeared using the Milviz B350i. I am going to repeat one of the flights over the same route using a different aircraft to see if it happens. This happens after load and usually in flight. Since it is the 2D library causing it I am thinking the FMS as that is the main 2D item I am using.

Are you using the product when you CTD?  or is the ctd happening even when not using it?

Nothing we have put out there would be causing a CTD unless our products are being used....

Les, your email has been bouncing and so we have not been able to update you on any products.  If you have another mail, please send it to me by PM.  

Yes, So far only the B350i has caused the crash. I am going back today and try a different aircraft on the same route and try to use the same number of 2D popups. Maybe it is conflicting SIMConnect injects that is causing a 2D text buffer overflow. FSX can be so sensitive at times

I am not sure what your second statement is in reference to. I am a registered user, but this is still Alpha software, by its very definition this is to be expected.

Update: Same exact flight, same add-ons loaded, different airplane no crash to desktop. Sorry but this is looking more like a problem with the aircraft.

am I correct in understanding that the Milviz Kingair does not do WAAS/LPV approaches? I know Milviz made a post about this about a year ago saying that they did not intend on making the plane compatible for those approach types but I was just curious if they have stuck to that, or if they changed their minds?

No WAAS or LPV.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Also did a couple of test flights, playing more with the fms, and got the same crash once (G2d.dll). I was using vnav and had the 2d popup open during most of the flight.

So on my system, it happens as well, but very low occurrence...

Let’s hope a new build is delivered soon, not just for the bug fixing: there are so many new features long awaited!

Thank you. I think I had the same, 2D FMS open and consistent crash. Not just once, but repeatable. It acts like a buffer overflow. I can't make it happen at a particular point, but eventually it always happens with this product.

There are allot of bugs in this build. I have over three pages of issues I have found. Most have to do with poor operation of the FGS. There are also multiple systems errors (lots of caution-advisory lights that indicate incorrect, electrical system problems, ect.)

I started to compare performance versus the 2014 AFM charts, but these CTD have gotten in the way. Lower altitudes the torque and fuel flow seem to be on, upper altitudes the propellers have a problem maintaining set RPM. (sluggish prop?!?) I have seen this same FDE issue some time in the past, I just cannot remember which product. But, I remember working with another developer on propeller issues at altitude.

By the response above, "Nothing we have put out there would be causing a CTD unless our products are being used...." looks like Milviz is not even willing to consider their product is causing CTD. That is ashame.

I don't care about WAAS/LPV approaches, I'd just like to be able to couple the FGS to the PGS and fly a plain old LNAV/VNAV approach. I have not been able to get the FGS to couple to the PGS on an RNAV approach. Not sure if its buttonology or bug as the real equipment I have access to has dual FMS 3000s attached to the Pro Line 21 birds. The Universal UNS-1F is attached to a different avionics suite. I have contacts that work at Universal Avionics so I can ask them.

We're looking at this bug, however it's extremely unlikely that our product would be causing a fault like this if its not actually running. One way to verify that is to uninstall it. If the bug still happens, then it's not us. If it doesn't, then perhaps it is...

What's FGS and PGS?

Just FYI, the product is not even a beta yet. Keeping a log of what works and what doesn't work might be effort better spent elsewhere. It's probably safe to assume that the more complex the system being simulated in the aircraft, the more likely that it is not finished or has bugs.

I purchased the B350i eyes wide open for the discount. Whenever it doesn't work right (rarely), is a result of my pushing the current build beyond it's current capabilities.

The FDE is marvelous!

Flight Guidance System and I thing PGS is Pilot Guidance System... though I could be wrong.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69