Sign in to follow this  
KenG

MV B350i A2.150304 Crash to Desktop

We're looking at this bug.

What's FGS and PGS?

FGS - Per the Pro-line 21 Base Manual for the King Air aircraft page 7-1.

The Flight Guidance System (FGS) provides Flight Director, Autopilot, Yaw Damper, automatic pitch trim, and Rudder Boost (B300 only) functions.

PGS - Sorry that is Universal Lingo meaning Psudo Glide Slope. It would more accurately be described as FMS Glide Slope as described on page 325 of the Universal Operator's Training Manual.

From the navigation database as part of the approach definition is vertical navigation. The FMS uses barometric altimeter inputs through the air data computer to monitor the altitude of the aircraft relative to the defined approach glidepath or glideslope. The definition for the approach vertical navigation is computed by first starting at the runway threshold crossing altitude, then computing an angle that will pass through the final approach fix database altitude. This angle is used to project a glideslope over the approach pseudo localizer or final approach course. The intent of this glideslope is to guide the aircraft towards the runway threshold to cross at the threshold crossing altitude. For any approach with the final approach course in line with the runway, an attempt will be made to code a vertical path.

Ken is aware of that. His problem is that we're not doing a full on Collins 3000 FMS study sim. As well, we've refused to fix most, if not all of his bugs due the fact that they are, for most part, just not on in terms of time. We are no longer fixing anything except the rnav issues in the FMS. I have offered to refund his money but he has not accepted instead preferring to keep on commenting on how "bad" the product is in different locations.

This isn't a study sim. We're not charging 100$ for this product and yes, it's an alpha.

@Ken, this forum is moderated by MV and is therefore subject to the same rules and rulings of the MV forums.

If you have bugs relating to the cautions or electrical, feel free to post them in the support forums, as I previously suggested to you.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Ken is aware of that. His problem is that we're not doing a full on Collins 3000 FMS study sim. As well, we've refused to fix most, if not all of his bugs due the fact that they are, for most part, just not on in terms of time. We are no longer fixing anything except the rnav issues in the FMS. I have offered to refund his money but he has not accepted instead preferring to keep on commenting on how "bad" the product is in different locations.

This isn't a study sim. We're not charging 100$ for this product and yes, it's an alpha.

@Ken, this forum is moderated by MV and is therefore subject to the same rules and rulings of the MV forums.

If you have bugs relating to the cautions or electrical, feel free to post them in the support forums, as I previously suggested to you.

I never asked for a study sim, you incorrectly assumed and have continued to make presumptions on what I want or am looking for based on your prejudices. For clarification I was looking for a PMDG level quality product of the King Air with Pro Line 21 avionics.

I was waiting for the next build before making a decision on the refund. Again I thank you and greatly appreciate the offer. 

It is ashame that you consider to think of critique as bad mouthing your product. There are so many nice points to this product, but I cannot use a product that causes CTD. At this point, if you take the time to read what I have written without jumping to conclusions the only common point to my CTD is your product is in use. I am not blaming your product as I am aware it could be other things going on. But, insofar as my ability to see what is happening it is coincidental you product was in use every time I had this particular issue. I understand if you can not duplicate this on your end.

For clarification, you told me to send you my bug list but never provided a method in which I was suppose to do so. I assumed by your consistent negative tone you are really not interested.

I admit to diverging this topic on the discussion of RNAV approaches. I also admitted what I was unable to perform may be based on buttonlolgy. However, I think it would unfortunate if this product is released and is unable to perform coupled RNAV approaches to at least LNAV/VNAV minimums. Ultimately what a developer decides to release or not release is based on their own decisions of time management versus cost benefit. I would just hate to have a product that missed out in this area considering the sheer number of RNAV approaches to a DA. If you believe that this capability is not necessary in your product, then that is fine. I will from here forward refrain on commenting on RNAV approaches.

I suggest allowing another one of your teammembers continue discussions with me, if you should consider to do so. You and I seem to be unable to hold a discussion without misconstrued ideas of what is trying to be conveyed.

Finally, I think you have a great product. I love the King Air and have been flying it for well over 15 years. I am very fortunate to be able to teach the next generation to fly this wonderful airplane. Your product has so much capability and I can hardly wait to see it in its finished format. I would not waste one word if it was garbage.  What you think of as bad mouthing is actually passion.

Ken, I've read every word you've written and have taken it onboard as well. Rest assured that you are not simply "talking to the hand."

Please do be aware though that it has been quite awhile since a build has been released, so many things mentioned have already been fixed, or are in the process of being fixed, or in some few cases have to be set aside as unworkable at this time.

We maintain a database of "bugs" via Mantis just so reported issues from our internal team of testers -as well as pre-release customers- can be recorded. It is our goal to have a clean sheet in Mantis whenever the KA-350i is ready to actually enter the beta phase, at which time I will not be terribly surprised if a few more 'bugs' crop up to repopulate our Mantis database. :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To be crystal, the only reason we haven't yet hit beta is because we are still adding features.  None of these are FMS related (except for RNAV) but they are pretty cool and will make the product one of it's kind.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Good discussion.  I've been very interested in getting this Kingair, maybe at the next Alpha build.  How big a discount does the current price represent? Personally I felt that Kent's posts are informative and only help increase my interest in this product.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

We're uncertain about pricing at this point.

Thanks for the response.  Do you make public announcements regarding new alpha build releases? I just want to be on the look out for it.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Usually yes.

Two add-ons running at the same time and I can reproduce the crash 100% of the time. Milviz B350i and FSCaptain 1.6.2.

I have no idea why or what as I continue to get G2D.DLL as the cause. I have run both of these separately and can run without crashes. 

Source
Microsoft Flight Simulator®

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎6/‎1/‎2015 8:19 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    fsx.exe
Application Version:    10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp:    46fadb14
Fault Module Name:    g2d.dll
Fault Module Version:    10.0.61637.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    46fadb58
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0001cee7
OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    0a9e
Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3:    0a9e
Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    984527712

Ken, I am unfamiliar with FSCaptain so really cannot even begin to speculate on any proximate causal factor. Thank you for the report. Perhaps as we continue the Alpha process and begin to optimize our code, things will be different.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,

Thank you. I'll continue to check this with future updates.

-Ken

Do you have FSUIPC? It helps with G2D crashes.

Do you have FSUIPC? It helps with G2D crashes.

Yes.

I just upgraded from 2.4 to 2.5 last weekend and now get CTD when selecting the 350.

Is this an issue with 2.5 that I may have missed? Thanks,

Dave