Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Copilot retracting Gear and Flaps

Hi,

I would need a Copilot retracting automatically gear and flaps after take-off.

I am considering to purchase FS2Crew 777 but aside from the checklists and passengers announcements, it is not clear to me if it can do what I stated above.

- TONY -

With FS2Crew you can command the FO to do everything except 'You have control'. He won't hear that. lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yes, it does exactly what you state. I don't have for the 777 but I do for the NGX, but it's much the same.

Frooglesim made some good videos on it, hopefully this helps you out

I have found you need to get used to how it works a little, sometimes there is a lot to do in a short amount of time on approach, especially on VATSIM, but it really adds to the immersion. I never fly without it now. Thought saying that, you can tell him to set com panels etc while you are flying or doing something else to lighten the load.

I will state though, make sure you train your voice under speech recognition at least twice, I would say 3 times is more likely. It's pretty quick though so not a huge issue

I am considering to purchase FS2Crew 777 but aside from the checklists and passengers announcements, it is not clear to me if it can do what I stated above.

It can, and these commands are among the more basic commands you can give it. If you have further questions, you might want to pop on over to their forum "next door" and ask away. Bryan is very active in their forum to answer your questions.

I have found you need to get used to how it works a little, sometimes there is a lot to do in a short amount of time on approach, especially on VATSIM, but it really adds to the immersion. I never fly without it now

Definitely.

Also: I meant to mention this the other day, but full names are required here in the forum. Please make sure to include this in future posts.

Kyle Rodgers

Also: I meant to mention this the other day, but full names are required here in the forum. Please make sure to include this in future posts.

I thought that was only if I wanted support directly myself?

Thank you guys for your quick answers.

I understand I can command by voice the copilot to retract gear and flaps but can he do it automatically after take off?

Sure I can post in the decicated support FS2Crew forum but sometimes I like to have opinions from an "outside" forum.

- TONY -

No, but that's not realistic, the PF would say "Gear Up" after the PM calls "positive rate".

This is very realistic. Watch some videos, you'll see how it works :)

---

Chris Harries