Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Carenado Reveals Next Project

Ah, I'd like to teach world to sing in perfect harmony.. This happens every time I wear a paisley shirt.. :rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Why would they do so when they can sell products to the market based on renders and appearance only and ask the same as a fully functional systems product.
We can't crank them out like they do...

Too true and much realized.  The hard part is in the systems.  It used to be hard for me to pass up on Carenado airplanes.  These days it's too easy, sad to say.  My last airplane was the PC12 and I'd had enough.  They couldn't lower the price enough for me to buy it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Gregg, I think i have you beat with the PA-46 being my last Carenado. In any case,  it's fun to read the forum posts. 

Too true and much realized. The hard part is in the systems.

Greg, you hit the nail directly on the head. Three years to get the CX systems integrated correctly.

Corporate Jets done accurately is no small task and I might add, not inexpensive to produce.

The point in our response is straightforward, why a dev would choose the accurate road if their market won't demand it from them is still a puzzle. :rolleyes:

Oh well, back to work.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Why would they do so when they can sell products to the market based on renders and appearance only and ask the same as a fully functional systems product.

We can't crank them out like they do...

True, that's why I don't buy Carenado.  Hurry up with releasing your product already.  While we wait, had Carenado prices their product only as a pretty shell then I may give them some money for candies.  Asking full diner plate price and deliver junk is not flying.  I am surprised that Carenado is still getting away with it.  I guess there are enough people out there give them money.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Just came across the news that Carenado is developing a Phenom 300.

Seems like the biz jet niche is about to receive lot of treatment from them. No wonder after being left alone for years. ^_^

Once again, the Carenado pace is either impressing or.. frightening but I wouldn't want to blame them for picking up the market at the most lucrative spot. Looking forward to their X-Plane offerings in that segment btw.

Gregg, I think i have you beat with the PA-46 being my last Carenado. In any case, it's fun to read the forum posts.

LOL..you're a wiser man than me, Les.  To me, the acid test for an airplane is "If I knew then what I know now about this airplane, would I still buy it."  For the PA46, I'd say the answer is yes.  (With some help from the devs, that would be an even greater airplane.) 

I've said it before, but I'd much rather pay to have a great plane refined than have yet another airplane...call it an investment.  In that regard, I think RealAir hit the nail on the head with the Dukes. Very glad to see Eaglesoft doing that with their airplanes.  I wish Flight1 would do a Mustang 2.0 but, it seems, they got tired of the airplane before the people flying it did.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I've said it before, but I'd much rather pay to have a great plane refined than have yet another airplane...call it an investment.

Ah, a man who understands value more than appearance.. :He He:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It will probably be like every other Carenado, supermodel looks with an IQ of 2.

It's quite sad that they are so close but yet so far but as long as simmers accept and are willing to pay for mediocrity, they will continue to sell planes.

Its funny that I knew this and still got the S550 but that is my last Carenado plane until they put some effort into modeling the systems properly. From what I've seen on Facebook and other forums, the Hawker is simply tragic.

I have no problem paying PMDG type money to support my sim addiction but if the value isn't there, then I look elsewhere. 

I'll just keep on flying the CX 2.0 and the F1 Mustang for my corporate flights.  B)

It will probably be like every other Carenado, supermodel looks with an IQ of 2.

Brilliant analogy!

.....and dead right.  I'm cured of "Carenado-itis".   I never 'bit' for the Hawker, and won't for this (despite loving bizjets).   Life has enough disappointments in it, without adding the frustration of yet another hollow, bug-filled Carenado to the fleet.

The day I buy another Carenado, will be the day they release what they do best - a relatively straighforward, non-EFIS, non-G1000 GA aircraft.   (So the Navajo it may be then!  :lol: ).

*as long as it's not $50, clearly.

A more realistic outcome would be to get Carenado out of their lonely furrow by making it even lonelier. They do business they way they do because it works. Why develop more complex systems when so many simmers buy anyway? Why even bother to beta test, when so many simmers buy anyway? Why bother fixing more than a few of the bugs, when people keep buying anyway? They have a winning business model here, why change it?

They'll change it when they see that it's no longer working, but for that to happen, people need to exercise a bit of self-discipline and stop buying their stuff. If enough people do it, and they notice revenues dropping, then maybe they'll start tipping their hat at putting out a more quality product. Then, maybe, they'll go to someone like Eaglesoft and say "help!" or hire someone who knows how, or make proper use of knowledge that already exists in-house, whatever. Of course, maybe if those who are fed up with the current offerings stop buying, there'll still be enough undemanding buyers to keep the business model viable. Who knows? But there's only one way to find out...

And before I get labelled as a Carenado "hater" I should say that I have several of their aircraft already, and I like the kind of aircraft they put out, but I'm just not prepared to buy their stuff any more. When their stablemates Alabeo couldn't be bothered fixing something as simple as the ADF on the Tomahawk, that was the final straw for me. There's only so much contempt a customer can take. But...I still read the forums and watch out for their new releases, one day, maybe, they'll change tack and they'll be welcome to eat into my card's credit limit once again.

In the meantime, I see a Carenado Piper Navajo is slated for release. One of my other all-time favourites...damn them (picture Charlton Heston beating the sand with his fist). I won't be buying it, though, unless turns out to be the aircraft that represents their Damascene conversion, but I kind of doubt it.

In a nutshell, they won't change unless people give them a reason. Continuing to buy their stuff regardless isn't a reason.

In a nutshell, they won't change unless people give them a reason. Continuing to buy their stuff regardless isn't a reason.

Couldn't agree more.  It's awfully hard to blame Carenado for continuing with a business model that's working.  It's the old "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" thing.  Buyers keep complaining about the quality of what they're getting, and they keep complaining about the prices as they continue to climb into premium add-on territory, yet they keep buying.

If I were Carenado, I'd continue to crank 'em out too.

Scott

This is exactly it.

I bought X-Plane 10 in the Steam sale at christmas and I wanted a half decent GA plane to go with it. So, I picked the Carenado 206. As usual with Carenado, it looked nice and everything but it was a little lacking in some areas. Thankfully, the v3 update of theirs managed to fix some of the minor problems. I would not touch anything more complex than a Cessna though, they've proved time and time again that they're just not interested in spending any time on systems and they're really pushing it with the 'premium' prices. Sadly, a lot of people see the pretty graphics, but the novelty soon wears off when they realise some things just plain don't work.

It really is a shame, RealAir manage accurate systems and eye candy for almost half the price. Carenado's business model means that ultimately all prices will get pushed up from other developers in the future and who could blame those developers? Time and time again people say 'oh well, the last one was rubbish...maybe the next one will be great? I'll buy it just in case!' no, it won't be great. Why should it?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Mm, I know where you're coming from but, to some people in business at least, profit isn't everything.  There's the satisfaction that comes from knowing you're vending a great product, of great quality, and of good value.   Carenado's reputation 8 years ago when they were vending low cost, great little GA aircraft for FS9 was second to none. They were definitely the 'good guys' in those earlier days of theirs....   now look how they're perceived (by at least a sizeable amount in the hobby).    Money grabbers? ..... conveyer belt developers?..... full of bugs?... questionable support?....comparisons to the Captain Sim way of working?

They've plummeted in how they're perceived, but as those green bills keep flying in, I guess that's all that seems to be mattering to them.

They've plummeted in how they're perceived, but as those green bills keep flying in, I guess that's all that seems to be mattering to them.

To some, including me, that's very true.  They used to be a company I always had my eye on but now they're way off my radar these days.  When they started making these new complex airplanes (that I really wanted) the customer reviews were so bad that I didn't buy any of them.  The thing I worried about was, since they were making them, that other devs wouldn't which really bumbed me out since I wasn't going to get one.  I don't see that as the case anymore...the fact that Carenado makes anything anymore doesn't matter.  Case in point was the C182.  The Carenado one, while old, was still decent.  The new A2A one is far superior and somewhat of a sensation.  So, it's okay.  They can make these and sell them to whomever and I'll just read the reviews with my popcorn.

Gregg Seipp