Sign in to follow this  
Alaaar

T7-300ER Company Data-link ?

Hello all

Just wondering if it's normal that the data link would not work, meaning that,  the message "request sent" @ FMC will remain there without loading any information for route, wind aloft data, PRE data and descent forecast ?

Many thanks  

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Just wondering if it's normal that the data link would not work, meaning that,  the message "request sent" @ FMC will remain there without loading any information for route, wind aloft data, PRE data and descent forecast ?

Are you using a weather program that creates a WX file? ASN and a few other programs will do this. Additionally, how long are you waiting before determining that it's "not working?"

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle,

I have been using data link since the start, I use ASN ......And time waited was the whole flight duration with "+FMC written on the upper EFIS panel right at the top or doors auto and passenger signs on ?

I will give it another try and let you know 

Many thanks 

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

+FMC

Check for automated data downloads like descent winds; usually this is why that advisory message is seen.  I've turned off all the automatic data except for position reporting, which suits my preferences very well.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, thanks for the explanation regarding the +FMC. I did not know.

- TONY -

Hello Gentlemen,

It looks like it was one time thing.........I tried another flight and data link worked just fine

Many thanks  

Alaa A. Riad

Dan,

Where did you turn off automatic data to get rid off the +FMC?

I searched in PMDG Setup > Options > Simulations...

- TONY -

Look in the aircraft equipment options I think.... , yeah see Intro document page 83.

But, keep in mind you may want the downloads and then the +FMC  becomes useful.  When you see it, just click on the FMC COMM button and look for the updates waiting for ya.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks!

Manually I got rid of the FMC+ by going in FMC COMM > Descent Forecast > Forecast request

- TONY -

Does ASE create the same feature, if so how do you set it up?

Regards,
Robbie
Qualified Private Pilot - Check out my YouTube channel!  

The Grandad V2 - Prepar3D v4.5 HF2 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) | Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition | Intel i7 8700K 4.7GhZ  | Corsair H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler  | nVidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC GDDR5X | Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 RAM | 2x KIngston  240GB HyperX 3K SSD | 2TB WD  Ext SSD | Windows 10 Build 1903 Corsair RM Series 750X '80 + Gold' 750W Modular PSU | Windows 10 Build 19042

Thanks!

Manually I got rid of the FMC+ by going in FMC COMM > Descent Forecast > Forecast request

You do know that you just sacrificed functionality, yes?

It might be an annoying visual if you don't understand it, but understanding something as simple as that is pretty simple.

Instead of disabling it, one way to deal with it (in a more productive manner) would be FMC COMM > DES FORECAST > ACCEPT.

Now the message is gone *and* you have better data because of it.

Kyle Rodgers

*and* you have better data because of it.

Maybe... I don't want descent winds forecast more than six hours in the future.  If there is significant weather forecast the descent winds are not where I am looking for data.  Also, for me, I think checking weather at destination and alternates is just a part of the job and while it is nice to have the ability to automate the automation does not ensure "better data."  I understand your point but don't dismiss out of hand turning off the automatic weather feature.  There's good reasons to do it.

I agree, getting rid of the +FMC is not a good reason to turn off the feature.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan and Kyle for the head up on the feature.

- TONY -

Maybe... I don't want descent winds forecast more than six hours in the future.  If there is significant weather forecast the descent winds are not where I am looking for data.  Also, for me, I think checking weather at destination and alternates is just a part of the job and while it is nice to have the ability to automate the automation does not ensure "better data."  I understand your point but don't dismiss out of hand turning off the automatic weather feature.  There's good reasons to do it.

I agree, getting rid of the +FMC is not a good reason to turn off the feature.

Yeah. I usually hit PURGE until I'm going my 100 prior to T/D pull, but still - it's the same number of keystrokes (PURGE v ACCEPT).

Thanks Dan and Kyle for the head up on the feature.

Welcome. Always try to understand things first before summarily dismissing them as annoying or not useful.

Kyle Rodgers