Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Addon Performance: What to Expect on your System

This is pretty cool. Thanks! Already referenced the charts to help make some purchase decisions, since I found that the results for the aircraft I do have line up with my experiences pretty well.

Here's mine.

This is for Prepar3D v2.5 (I know this is the FSX forum, but I didn't want to start another topic unless this one gets bigger!)

I performed the steps slightly different.

1) I used ZKPY in North Korea (!) Runway 01.

2) Changed plane, setup 'takeoff' state. saved as default flight. restarted P3D

3) 360 degree spin outside, 360 degree spin in VC and recorded the values after 1 minute in VC view.

I used the Mooney Bravo as the default baseline as P3D doesn't have a default C172.

For the FPS, I got on average for the Mooney Bravo 86.3 FPS (Variance 4%)

the lowest was the PMDG 737-900 with 37.7 FPS (Variance 9%)

Ssd5bfA.png

for VAS.

Mooney Bravo remaining VAS = 2190MB

PMDG 777-200 = 1295MB

uSKMUI3.png

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Cool.  For your VAS remaining is that a percent of remaining VAS?

I guess that's a little different than mine I'm just trying to make sure I get it right.  On mine I'm literally adding the amount the VAS increases after I load a new aircraft.  With a restart in between.

Also I noticed the variance is still the same on the P3D F1 KA...  tis a shame... the glass just kills my smoothness on FSX version...  an otherwise fantastic addon.

Then again you mentioned this is P3D.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, I'm using the VAS offset from FSUIPC, hopefully I'm reading it properly!

I explained just above the VAS graph that when the Mooney Bravo is loaded, FSUIPC is showing 2190MB remaining.

With the 777, I'm getting 1295MB remaining, which looks about right to me!

Neil Andrews.

Good thread! I find it pretty interesting how A2A 182 Skylane is on par with NGX in the last table, and on my system is completely different situation. In NGX between 30-40fps, in 182 between 45-60. Another clue that these tests are just valid on paper but in practice it's another story. Also I have better performance with Milviz B732 than in Ryan tests, it is somewhere around 50% in the first table.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

That's why it's important to not measure fps - and measure the % loss from c172

Also more user input would help a lot. IOW we have a tiny sample size.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In NGX between 30-40fps, in 182 between 45-60.

Pe11e, just as a reminder I'm using P3D, so Optimize_Parts is on, which means I get about 10 FPS more in the 737 and the 777.

As the table states, I'm getting about 45 FPS with the A2A 182 and around the same with the NGX, turn off Optimize_Parts and I get roughly 35 FPS in the NGX which matches what you see.

Neil Andrews.

Pe11e, just as a reminder I'm using P3D, so Optimize_Parts is on, which means I get about 10 FPS more in the 737 and the 777.

As the table states, I'm getting about 45 FPS with the A2A 182 and around the same with the NGX, turn off Optimize_Parts and I get roughly 35 FPS in the NGX which matches what you see.

That's fine, but it can be confusing for new members since this is FSX/SE forum. :) Alslo there are certainly differences in performance in various addon planes in FSX vs P3D.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Has anyone ever figured out what exactly causes the sim to stutter. Is it access to information, non related software robbing access to the CPU, Antivirus, cup runneth over or what?

With FSX:SE i had stutters with pmdg 777 and 737 NGX all other defaults no issue.

ensure you have all pmdg and steam updates installed to latest versions

Once I did according to http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/0/620703493312427489/

1.tweaked nvidia inspector to MS FSX and apply as per steam content

2. then fsx.cong according to steam cfg tweak mentioned

3. I then  applied  Steves Dx10 fix (DX10 preview enabled)

now no microstutters no vas issues 14+ hours.

Cannot comment on P3d (or FSX with acceleration and SP1 and SP2)as I only have FSX:SE which is a new breed

Follow to the letter the three steps ensure you determine affinity mask mine is 14.

Back up your fsx.cfg file for good measure before and after doing all this.

Have orbx and ASN installed, windows 10 tech review build 10061 windows defender disabled no virus software active also no internet browsers active only Active sky next + ACARS qantas virtual tracking software and FSX SE running. Im not getting into deep into what CPU blah blah GPu  usage but this definetly did the trick. i intend to leave it alone until something else breaks. smooth frame rates 30 FPS drops down to 15 at lower levels but still smooth sliders for traffic etc pulled far to the left these seem to impact frame rates.

Hardware MSI apache 17" pro laptop gaming laptop

FSX Se on SSD with scenery/add mlinked to 1 Terabyte internal hard drive to keep the SSD not full.

CH pedals and CH Eclipse yoke

new had windows 8.1 installed windows10 technical preview over the top.

Hope this helps

Also more user input would help a lot. IOW we have a tiny sample size.

Definately, if users also post their raw data I could start averaging some stuff out and we could get some more reliable results.