Sign in to follow this  
JazzyOne

Mu2 1.5 autopilot bugs?

Hi!

I've read on the forum that other folks have experienced issues with the autopilots alt sel mode, saying that it sometimes works and some don't. The same thing goes for me.

I do the following before use:

- select altitude

- press alt sel and vs

- adjust vs climb rate

I then activate the autopilot. The times it doesn't work the vs button goes off about 300 ft before selected altitude and the alt sel button changes from arm to cap. But trim doesn't move, causing the aircraft to overshoot target altitude. I trim it myslf and press alt hold to level out. I haven't found out what I do different when it work, but maybe I do something wrong... If so, please tell how it should be.

But, and here is the next issue: The aircraft can't keep the altitude even when pressing alt hold. It goes up and down by 500-1000ft. Looks like the trim is struggling to balance the plane.

I hope you Flysimware guys can check out if this is bugs to sort out!

Regards

Jan Ove

Silly question, but are you turning on the autopilot master near the floor at the rear of the center pedestal?

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I turn the AP power on after engine start, then dial in my altitude preset, desired VS, and runway heading. After takeoff I will activate the desired modes via the panel on the glareshield. Alt Sel will go to arm, and then cap when the desired altitude is reached. I have noticed that it can be slow to turn onto the right course when following the GPS at times though. Basic AP functions seem to function fine for me.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

After doing some experimenting, I might have found out about the problem.

I have installed RealityXP 530 GPS gauge (2d) into my MU2. The alt sel capture and alt hold problem occurs every time I activate nav mode using this GPS. By staying to the MU2s GPS, or not using gps at all, the autopilot acts normal.

Funny though that RealityXP cause this, I can use it on Flysimwares C441 without problem.

Jan Ove