Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

Delta Delta Delta

Can I help ya, help ya, help ya :lol:   I remember that from a Saturday Night Live skit years back....couldn't resist B)

DAL1440(KATL-TJSJ) leaves Hotlanta for San Juan PR

dal1440_zpszt4zsrj7.jpg

dal1440-1_zpsbxlwiqwh.jpg

dal1440-2_zps6hkndffx.jpg

dal1440-3_zps9lva22j1.jpg

dal1440-4_zpspe7pt413.jpg

dal1440-5_zpsho9w2suy.jpg

dal1440-6_zpscgnmknfa.jpg

dal1440-7_zpsnfdk0iz2.jpg

dal1440-8_zps21l9uvhy.jpg

Chris Sunseri

Pinman, beautiful pics mate, thanks for sharing!

23.png

Beautiful pictures! I think Delta has the preatiest livery, but seems like with them all roads lead to Alanta.

Vic green

What picture-framing software do you use to give you that black-edged red-lined frame?

Thanks fellas!

What picture-framing software do you use to give you that black-edged red-lined frame?

That's a border I created with Photoshop Rick.  I resize my photos and drop 'em in.  A long time ago I used just a black border, but I changed it up with red to help give the pics a little pop

Chris Sunseri

Great close up views and angles!

HLJAMES

You're missing Rwy 10-28 . . .

If you're making that observation based on pic #3, you would not be able to see 10-28 as he departed from 26R, and you can barely see 27R from the clip, and 10-28 is a bit further south and out of the picture.

Flying weekly into and out of ATL for several years, I can tell you that if you flew on Airtran, you almost certainly got the approach to 10-28, the "far" runway (longest trip to the terminals), because your plane did not have the right coloration (i.e., a Delta flight).

Of course, I flew into KDFW, where you experienced the same discrimination if your plane wasn't "unpainted", hehe.  Of course with AA planes now painted silver, but they still get preferential treatment over other airlines. 

This is not a baseless claim either, I recall several instances where we sat waiting to cross a runway after landing, watching several AA MD-80s cross on the taxiway adjacent to us, while we sat there, and sat there, an sat there.... :Whistle:

Anyway I digress...Chris, please let us know if you have old old scenery for KATL, or do in fact have 10-18.  :smile:

Great shots BTW Chris of my former hometown airline and airport!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I just looked and 10-28 is there, but waaaaay south Steve-O

Yeah its quite the taxi at the end of a 2 hour flight, when you just want to get off the plane and get home.

Waaay back when the "5th" runway was being proposed and trying to get local funding, they were saying it was needed to improve traffic flow and specifically envisioned to handle the slow turboprop commuters that were slowing down the big jets in the pattern!

We are approaching the day when you won't see a turboprop commuter any longer, and its rare I even see 1 or 2 flying in/out anymore.  Even though they can get into some places an RJ can't, they are far from profitable for the major regional carriers, and I can see a day when service to those airports served by them will be stopped.  

Those passengers will just have to find a land route to a major airport when that happens.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg