Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

SLI is coming to P3Dv2 in a couple of weeks :)

This is great news!

I would imagine most users will be able to see a noticeable improvement in visual fidelity due to being able to turn up the visual dials and provide even more smoothness to the sim.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

finally!!!! 

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Good to hear Vic

You still running locked @ 20?

Any new comments on the benefits of SLI in your setup?

Yup - still at 20. I find no need for more. Nothing new, still happy with it but VERY interested to see how the :official: profile compares to mine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Never thought I would see this day - wow - another Titan X and another water cooler - yikes - thats going to be a while for me

Rich Sennett

Phew, better late than never.

Time to order 2 more Titan X's -- it'll be interesting to see how it scales.

Cheers, Rob.

Wow!  3 titan x's

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Agree, will be interesting to see what the "official" nVidia profile can do for single card performance also -- who knows, might see some AA improvements and z-bias improvements and overall performance improvements.

My cautious side kicked in, just ordered one more Titan X (not two) ... want see how well it scales with 2-way SLI before I attempt 3-way SLI.  As I recall 3-way SLI appears to be the best return on investment IF the application scales well.

Either way it's good news for single and multi-GPU setups.  It's refreshing to see end user community persistence and LM's efforts did eventually payoff ... achieved what Microsoft couldn't.

Cheers, Rob.

Can we have lights back too with the next nVidia drivers since they are throwing out SLI profiles like Willy Wonka?  :)   Guess I'll need to snag a second GTX 980 too.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Can anyone comment on what the benefits are for SLI for P3D?

Is it mainly to more consistently maintain given frame rate rather than actually gaining in overall FPS?

(conceptually of course as I know the official profile is not out yet)

That's what is expected from SLI in general, always depend on the game.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/197327-the-sli-information-guide/

Agree, will be interesting to see what the "official" nVidia profile can do for single card performance also -- who knows, might see some AA improvements and z-bias improvements and overall performance improvements.

Agree Rob, this is what I'm hoping for :P

That's what is expected from SLI in general, always depend on the game.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/197327-the-sli-information-guide/

Thx. Yeah I've seen that link before but the reason I'm asking this group is because it's interesting to me that people that have been using SLI already are reporting basically no frame rate increase which is not what you expect in just about every other SLI situation recorded.

Hopefully an official profile will help with that.

Running a good SLI configuration does not only depend on Nvidia but the game also, if LM or Nvidia does not do a good job implementing SLI in the game your doomed, one strong card may give better result.  

My cautious side kicked in, just ordered one more Titan X (not two) ... want see how well it scales with 2-way SLI before I attempt 3-way SLI.  As I recall 3-way SLI appears to be the best return on investment IF the application scales well.

Either way it's good news for single and multi-GPU setups.  It's refreshing to see end user community persistence and LM's efforts did eventually payoff ... achieved what Microsoft couldn't.

Cheers, Rob.

If the lights go dim on my side of the Bay the day that new driver is released I will know who to blame!

Phew, better late than never.

Time to order 2 more Titan X's -- it'll be interesting to see how it scales.

Cheers, Rob.

Oh I hope you chose the Amazon drone delivery Rob...[sits on front porch with pea shooter]

Can we have lights back too with the next nVidia drivers since they are throwing out SLI profiles like Willy Wonka? :) Guess I'll need to snag a second d GTX 980 too.

The link says the lights issue is also fixed in the next driver.

I hope we get better AA with this new update.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom