Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

SLI is coming to P3Dv2 in a couple of weeks :)

I doubt that Lockheed Martin or Nvidia would bother announcing SLI compatibility for P3D unless it provides at least some benefits.

Wish it were true :-) 

Will the SLi update only work on P3DV2.5 and subsequent versions?

I'm still running on a stable 2.4 .

@Rob

Titan X in SLI ....!?

I am really curious how that turns out ...

( have one myself )

I watched Linoel Tech TV on YouTube do a benchmark test of 4 Titan X cards SLI'd... Like $4000 worth of video card.   It was insanity but epic to watch.  No one would really run that setup in the practical world but seeing it in a test environment on 4k monitor eating every game and benchmark's lunch was awesome.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

My personal experience is that 1 Titan X card outperforms 2 Titan 1e generation cards in SLI with the current advised SLI settings.

On my setup with 3 HD TV's in 5920x1080 resolution the only thing that holds back the cards performance is SGSS icw multiple cloud layers...

Perhaps when upgrading a 760 to a 760 SLI it will show a very noticeable difference but imho I think that a Titan X SLI config will not give a lot of fps extra compared to a 1 Titan X.

Unless 3x 4K monitor in NV Surround with lost of autogen.. 

In a few weeks Rob will do some tests and we'll know it for sure..   

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I would have thought that the CPU would end up being the bottleneck once you get to a certain point. How far can you go in P3D with GPU power before it ends up twiddling its silicon thumbs waiting for the CPU to catch up?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, I'm in for another GPU anyways after I saw how much better and consistent the frames were on Project Cars also.

I would have thought that the CPU would end up being the bottleneck once you get to a certain point.

:good:

if P3D wasn't originally designed for SLI, what benefits SLI would bring to the sim?

LM have been working with nVidia to make SLI work ... it's a back and forth dialog.  Beau has made adjustments to code in order to meet nVidia's needs to make SLi a reality at the driver level.  This dialog has been going on for a long time, but we should finally see the results soon.

I would expect benefits to both single GPU and multi GPU system, just a question of how much of a benefit.  As we know from past releases from nVidia, they've achieved anywhere from 7% to 70% performance improvements in other apps/games (single GPU).  At a driver level there are optimization that can be made to "fit" how a specific application is working with DX11 and what hardware accelerated features it's using (i.e. Tessellation, Shaders, etc. etc.) and how it's using them.

Warning: race car analogy ... you can add a Turbo, cams, headers, big fuel injectors, change compression, etc. etc. ... but if you do NOTHING with the ECU, you'll be down about 50% of it's power potential.  Adjust and tune the ECU and you can increase engine output by 50% safely.  Think of the nVidia drivers as the ECU.

Cheers, Rob.

Warning: race car analogy ... you can add a Turbo, cams, headers, big fuel injectors, change compression, etc. etc. ... but if you do NOTHING with the ECU, you'll be down about 50% of it's power potential.  Adjust and tune the ECU and you can increase engine output by 50% safely.  Think of the nVidia drivers as the ECU.

Cheers, Rob.

More like your engine will blow or melt from running too lean and or too much ignition timing but I'm with you  B)

Been on the road, but can't wait to try 2.5 with i7-5930X and quad SLI.  Thanks, LM team!

Been on the road, but can't wait to try 2.5 with i7-5930X and quad SLI.  Thanks, LM team!

Wow - And I can't wait to hear about the results from that either! 

There is a performance benefit. I ran two 680's on my older rig and saw a nice jump.  I will be ordering a second GTX980 today now that this is official!

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Guess the constant nagging to Nvidia finally paid off. A tip-of-the-wing to those simmers who bombarded requests for a driver.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Don't get too excited.  Quad EVGA GTX760OC's.  Not 980's!