Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

Is there a way to expand the MCE vocabulary?

Hi all,

so I was creating a custom checklist for my little Fokker (DA Fokker 70/100; see what I did there?  :P)

My poor F/O Travis struggled with a couple of the terms I inserted (like "profile", "EFIS", "liftdumpers", "navaids"), so I am wondering whether there is a way to add some words to the list that MCE can recognize and pronounce?

I found some pretty good substitutes, so now my checklists are running smoothly, and of course I do not expect MCE to interact with an unsupported aircraft flow-wise - just curious about the vocabulary ...   B)

Thanks for bothering!

Hi Oliver,

With spoken checklists it depends upon what the voice actor had recorded. It seems like you have managed to work around some checklist items not in the repertoire.

As for flows in unsupported aircraft. Provided the aircraft has native FSX commands, you can put flows together using the native commands that come with MCE. I did an amateurish "how I do it" video that's on my You Tube site, where you can see me putting flows into the DC2. The DC2 uses native FSX commands for the most part, so it's fairly straightforward.

If there are any commands you can't see, in the FSX native list, then I just use the "Vox Key" program that also comes with MCE. With Vox Key you can say anything and assign a keypress or a combination, so it's a win win!

You can get MCE to say anything that's in a wav file, by playing back sounds. It's possible to structure some interesting replies using that method, a triggered response if you like.

Cheers.

David.

I just "reminded myself" of the Key Assigner tool that's included in the DA F70/100 simulation: Key assignments are possible for loads of custom coded Fokker stuff, like the autopilot, EFIS, overhead panel, CDU, lights, radios and stuff.

Thank you once more, David, especially for the heads-up on Vox Key.