Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

KRDG Scenery, Anyone?

Just moved to PA, and live fairly close now to Reading and KRDG. I'm flying my FSX stuff out of KABE, and because of the upcoming WWII Reunion air show, I'd like to get a better scenery file for KRDG. I know there's an FS9 d/l in the Avsim library, but I need something for FSX.

Does anyone know if this exists somewhere out there?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

WOW! I'm impressed. BUT - stupid question? - what do I need from Orbx in order to install these freeware airports? I assume that they are not stand-alone scenery.

Even at the current 37% off sale, ORBX Global is still ~$70 USD.

-= Gary Barth =-

Oh, what the heck!  I realized that the AUD to USD actually made the purchase cheaper (I'm too used to seeing the EU to USD rate exchange rates), so I bit the bullet and went for the ORBX Global package.  It worked out to $51.96, to me more like "Half-price!"  Downloading as I speak (about 40%), and I keep seeing this B-17 flying over my place, from the Reading field. Hope this airport is even better than the one in the Avsim library.

And hope that the ORBX Global really adds to my flying.  I'm sure it will!

-= Gary Barth =-

Glad to hear it Gary.  You'll like it and whenever OpenLC North America is released by ORBX the realism bar for ground scenery will go even higher

Chris Sunseri

Chris, there is a very nice KRDG scenery package here in the Avsim library for FS9, including operating hangar doors and more. I installed FTX Global and the airport group that you told me about, and actually flew the RA Turbine Duke from 69N to KRDG to check things out. The Global scenery is great, and I'll probably blow away my MSE scenery completely, I'm so impressed.

But the KRDG airport wasn't all I expected from ORBX. Not their fault - I've seen some of their other stuff, and I can only wish they'd do KRDG some time in the future. But I've also seen conversions talked about up here, using FS9 scenery and converting it to FSX. Do you know anything about this? I left a post in another thread, but it was an old thread, and haven't had any response yet. I'd love to use that FS9 scenery if possible.

I'll be watching ORBX now for more improvements. I've kinda slipped from the tube-liner group back to my GA roots, and I'm enjoying the A2A Cessnas, P-51's and my new Duke. So the smaller GA airports now are looking more attractive. And the ORBX scenery has got me hooked now.

-= Gary Barth =-