Sign in to follow this  
thecanarian

How is it in FSX-SE

Having got my fingers well and truly burnt with the Citation I would like to know if anyone is having problems with this Hawker 850 in the Steam edition. I don't seem to be able to find any topics about this configuration yet, and the only comment I have seen about this 850 in Steam is that the gauges didn't work.Nail%20Biting.gif

oh man, I wish someone would answer this....I only have SE also, and all the hoopla over it has died off, I can't believe no one can answer this question.... not buying till I find this out

So does it work in SE?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

So does it work in SE?

It does and very smoothly here.

There is only a bunch of products out there that are not supported in FSX-SE (yet).

It does and very smoothly here.

There is only a bunch of products out there that are not supported in FSX-SE (yet).

According to Carenado's web page it doesn't appear to be officially supported in FSX-SE. Just wondering how many people are using this in FSX-SE. Does this come with an installer for FSX-SE or does it need to be installed manually. Has anyone come across any issues or limitations using this in FSX-SE?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

According to Carenado's web page it doesn't appear to be officially supported in FSX-SE. Just wondering how many people are using this in FSX-SE. Does this come with an installer for FSX-SE or does it need to be installed manually. Has anyone come across any issues or limitations using this in FSX-SE?

It is the same installer both for FSX boxed and FSX-SE. Nothing changes, except for the installation path.

If you only have FSX Steam installed, you can choose either version and the installer will install the product correctly under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

as this is the only FSX entry your have in your registry.

It is the same installer both for FSX boxed and FSX-SE. Nothing changes, except for the installation path.

If you only have FSX Steam installed, you can choose either version and the installer will install the product correctly under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

as this is the only FSX entry your have in your registry.

Thanks barrel_owl,

I did have both FSX boxed and FSX-SE installed however decided to rebuild my PC a few months ago and just stick with FSX-SE as I mainly fly just PMDG aircraft.

Just want to get a good business jet however want to ensure its as accurate as possible and with as much of the systems modeled as possible. l am considering this Hawker 850XP or the newer 525A CITATION CJ2.

Regards

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I own FSX steam edition and it seems to work perfectly. I find that most products that Carenado produces atleast the ones I own (E50P, E55P and 850xp) work in my fsx steam edition.