Sign in to follow this  
Astarot

Garmin GNS 430-530 User Waypoints and new installation problems

Hello,

i'm having several problems with the Garmin GNS 430-530. First, i couldn't create user waypoints. So i've sent a mail to support, asking if it was an error, or if that function isn't implemented (though there's a section about user waypoints in the guide to the GNS.INI. So i would think, it's implemented). That was yesterday. And i didn't receive an answer til now.

Since then, i tried to reinstall the program to see, if that would help. Though i unregistered and got a message that it was successful, i received an error message when i tried to uninstall. Now i'm always getting another error message, when i try to install the GNS again..

So i tried to send a second mail to support, and received the following message: 

child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full...

Mindstar DOES read the mails written to support, doesn't it?....

Marco Dorigo

First, I do not find any support issues from a Marco Dorigo in our support system. Nor can I locate any support issues that are about user waypoints. Third, our support email goes into an automated process and thus never remains in the mail server.

What address did you use?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well. I used the address shown on the Mindstar Aviation side (support@mindstaraviation.com).

I even received an automatic reply for that first one: "Your request (663) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. To add additional comments, reply to this email."

And for the second one, i received that: "child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full."

Since that message tells me that it couldn't be delivered because the mailfolder is full, i would say that something must have gone wrong with that automated process.

And my name is in the email. If that mail hasn't gone lost, you should be able to find it.

Marco Dorigo

Thank you for providing the reply ID (663). Your support email entered the system yesterday at 1:59 in the afternoon eastern time US.

I know you are hoping for support in a matter of minutes (we all do!), however we're not a large corporation with people just sitting around waiting to deal with support issues. Your ticket will be assigned to someone and they will work with you regarding your questions/problems. As for adding yet another ticket, I would actually recommend you use the reply email our system sent and reply to it so that you are using a single support ticket to address all of your issues. It will shorten your response time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello,

i tried to reply to the email. But unfortunately, i'm getting the same error message again: "child status 100...The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full."

Don't really know what is going on. But the error message implies, that the receiving mailfolder is full. 

In any case, i'm not able to uninstall the GNS without an error message. And i can't register it, because of another error message... :huh: 

Try to reply again.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Did it. No error message this time. But no automatic reply either. Please let me know, if it went through.