Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Best ATC Software for P3D 2.5

+1 ... but if you can't afford it and still want human ATC (FREE !) >>> VATSIM

Spent some time today getting everything together to go on Vatsim. After downloading and hooking everything up, looked online and there were hardly any controllers or flights anywhere on teh East coast including my home, Atlanta, Miami and NYC. Going to use P3D ATC and My Traffic tonight I guess. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

it's all about timing..... currently the east coast - gulf coast and midwest ATC centers are lit up with controllers online   :smile:

WAT1460.png

it's all about timing..... currently the east coast - gulf coast and midwest ATC centers are lit up with controllers online   :smile:

I don't know if one controller on the tower and one for departure and one for  arrivals in Atlanta is "lit up", but that is what I am seeing. Once you get away from ATL, not much happening for hundreds of miles. I have never flown in a real life system that was like that.  Much prefer the computerized ATC, even if it isn't perfect, at least it's there. I flew on Vatsim years ago, and it seems it was much more active then than what I am seeing now. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Sorry you didn't see what I was seeing on Vatspy at the time of my post (your post is 24 hours after mine).  The  ARTCC center controllers for KZTL / KZDC / KZJX / KZHU / KZMA /KZID were online.

It's always been a matter of choice and I respect your choice to stay with computer generated voices for control.  I prefer humans guiding me (even if I have to fly when and where the coverage is "live" )

Blue skies and tailwinds...  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL FELLOW AMERICANS !!!    :American Flag:  

WAT1460.png

Sorry you didn't see what I was seeing on Vatspy at the time of my post (your post is 24 hours after mine).  The  ARTCC center controllers for KZTL / KZDC / KZJX / KZHU / KZMA /KZID were online.

It's always been a matter of choice and I respect your choice to stay with computer generated voices for control.  I prefer humans guiding me (even if I have to fly when and where the coverage is "live" )

Blue skies and tailwinds...  HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL FELLOW AMERICANS !!!    :American Flag:  

Vastspy and the one I use have the same information from the same network.     http://vattastic.com/                        As I stated, I am not impressed with a half dozen controllers in the entire USA,  Flew Vatsim many years ago and it was much busier then. For example, I am getting ready to  fly my Q400 right now.  There are at this moment three controllers in the US, one ground at an arpt ( not the one I am leaving or or flying ro) and two center controllers.  I can't plan my day around Vatsim.  ^_^

I decided last evening to give Pro ATC a try because so far I was not happy with any of the alternatives. I was hesitant at first because I had read some not so favorable reviews, but hey, I have read  those type reviews about everything I have purchased for the last many years, and so far most of the negative stuff has turned out to be BS. Anyway, I installed it this morning, gave the manual a quick glance, changed a few settings, and was surprised to find a section in the manual devoted to the Majestic 400 which is my favorite plane to fly in P3D. I set up a flight plan from Atlanta to Tampa, and started P3D, programmed the FMC, and contacted ATC . All instructions were excellent, the voices understandable,and having the benefit of the text box helped to eliminate any confusion. From Clearance Delivery to Ground to Tower, everything was as one would expect. The co-pilot handled all the gear and flap settings, frequency changes and even altitude and heading changes for the AP. If you like to do those yourself you can turn those functions off.    It vectored me onto the SID called altitude changes, etc, etc,  Once underway , I got some nice ATC chatter which again sounded realistic, at least what I am used to hearing when I fly real aircraft. At the arrival, it put me on the Star, and then the IlS .  I even tried a missed approach at Tampa, and the copilot got the gear up and hit the go around button for me.  Just perfect, I am really happy with this product. What was a pleasure is when it was vectoring me for the ILS, I wasn't getting those heading changes from 110 to 130 to 110 to 130 like I am used to with FSX and P3D. I also didn't have to go through 18 center controllers in a 13 mile span.. ;)   I would rate Pro ATC 5 stars.   

I decided last evening to give Pro ATC a try because so far I was not happy with any of the alternatives.   

Pro-ATC X is my preferred ATC client :-)

André

Because Vatsim allows pilots to just jump in you do find people are quite helpful with mistakes and errors, everyone seams quite friendly. I love it and plan flying on it during events, there are loads around Europe on the weekend and during the week. London is usually controlled most days, along with Germany and Scandinavia got those non-event days. I've had ATC the whole journey lots of times, but you do need to live with the fact that you don't always have it. Events are good at making this very likely. I can't say what it's like in America though, I rarely look over there, but east coast seams to have people online in the evening. Asia often does as well. The think the key, if you want good coverage, is to look for events and fly them.

I can't say I used ATC before, built-in or add-on, but love flying wit Vatsim. Can't speak for IVAO as I've never used it. The videos I've seen on Pilot Edge make it look very interesting but I've not tried that, however that is a lot more professional, if you could say that, then Vatsim

One of the issues with VATSIM is that with the proliferation of FMC equipped aircraft the satisfaction in controlling is considerably reduced unless controlling in a busy environment.

It really is a chicken or the egg sort of thing. Controllers wont come on line unless there are pilots and pilots wont come online unless there are controllers!

Cheers

Steve Hall

I hear what you're saying, but whenever I open up Vatspy in the evening it's really busy, event with no ATC online. I'm always quite surprised at the number of planes doing long-haul, across Atlantic etc even with very little ATC online! It really amazes me at times

I decided last evening to give Pro ATC a try because so far I was not happy with any of the alternatives. I was hesitant at first because I had read some not so favorable reviews, but hey, I have read  those type reviews about everything I have purchased for the last many years, and so far most of the negative stuff has turned out to be BS. Anyway, I installed it this morning, gave the manual a quick glance, changed a few settings, and was surprised to find a section in the manual devoted to the Majestic 400 which is my favorite plane to fly in P3D. I set up a flight plan from Atlanta to Tampa, and started P3D, programmed the FMC, and contacted ATC . All instructions were excellent, the voices understandable,and having the benefit of the text box helped to eliminate any confusion. From Clearance Delivery to Ground to Tower, everything was as one would expect. The co-pilot handled all the gear and flap settings, frequency changes and even altitude and heading changes for the AP. If you like to do those yourself you can turn those functions off.    It vectored me onto the SID called altitude changes, etc, etc,  Once underway , I got some nice ATC chatter which again sounded realistic, at least what I am used to hearing when I fly real aircraft. At the arrival, it put me on the Star, and then the IlS .  I even tried a missed approach at Tampa, and the copilot got the gear up and hit the go around button for me.  Just perfect, I am really happy with this product. What was a pleasure is when it was vectoring me for the ILS, I wasn't getting those heading changes from 110 to 130 to 110 to 130 like I am used to with FSX and P3D. I also didn't have to go through 18 center controllers in a 13 mile span.. ;)   I would rate Pro ATC 5 stars.   

This is an interesting review of PRO-ATC Bobsk8. I have currently VOXATC; been happy most of the time but the installation - which takes 5 minutes usually - can sometimes be problematic.

I haven't heard much about PRO-ATC and like you, I have a tendency to dodge the negative comments. I am more interested in the ATC capabilities than the flight planning portion. Do you know if PRO-ATC works well with FS2Crew and the Q400?

Pro-ATC X is my preferred ATC client :-)

Hello André, could you elaborate why you like PRO-ATC?

This is an interesting review of PRO-ATC Bobsk8. I have currently VOXATC; been happy most of the time but the installation - which takes 5 minutes usually - can sometimes be problematic.

I haven't heard much about PRO-ATC and like you, I have a tendency to dodge the negative comments. I am more interested in the ATC capabilities than the flight planning portion. Do you know if PRO-ATC works well with FS2Crew and the Q400?

Hello André, could you elaborate why you like PRO-ATC?

I just got FS2 Crew for the MJQ 400 ( voice activated) a couple of days ago. At first I was mystified by FS2, but once I figured it out, it's a great deal of fun and works perfectly with Pro ATC.

Forgot to ask one important question though. Does ProATC has an option to save ATC situation in the middle of the flight and "continue" it in conjunction with a certain previously saved flight. Radar Contact has this possibility.

Thanks

Forgot to ask one important question though. Does ProATC has an option to save ATC situation in the middle of the flight and "continue" it in conjunction with a certain previously saved flight. Radar Contact has this possibility.

Thanks

You may wish to give this link a look.

http://www.pointsoftware.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4235

I just got FS2 Crew for the MJQ 400 ( voice activated) a couple of days ago. At first I was mystified by FS2, but once I figured it out, it's a great deal of fun and works perfectly with Pro ATC.

After a few days with the voice activated version of FS2 Crew that goes with the MJQ400, I decided to never use the program again. The voice activation is spotty at best, no matter how slowly and clearly you speak, and the co pilot ignores or misses many commands, so you never know what to expect and have to check everything he does yourself. I have to say the altimeter setting, for instance, sometimes a dozen times, before he OK's it. I ask him to retract flaps, and he refuses, and so on. It would be a nice program if it had a button activation option, but it ruins the flight experience in my opinion when you have to wind up yelling at your computer while flying.