Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

If you had to choose *one* ORBX Airport/Region, what would it be and why?

The difficulty with this sort of question is similar to asking folks, if you had to pick on favourite sport what would that one be, if you had to pick one favourite TV show what would that one be?  Only you can answer that question!  You might as well just throw a dart at a map of the world and see where it lands.

I don't agree there ..... the purpose of asking a question like that here relates to many other factors, not just personal geographic preference.  Such as :-

• Performance (FPS and stutters)
  • Features (eg. the upgraded airports in FTX Australia are nowhere near the level as in the newer regions).
  • Known problems, bugs, incompatibilities, etc

I've been flying around NZ for the last few weeks. Highly recommend and easy on frames in my experience.

Jason Jackett

Good thread,  with the Orbtx sale going on we should use this thread as a Go-To thread for hints and tips of favorite Scenery/Airports.   Like the Regions, love the Airports though. 

I have the base 3 packages +  Palm Springs is a cracker for moneys worth,  obviously its a great scenery as well.  Love the redness of Sedona,  very nicely done.   Have Southampton airport,  i like also.   Sumburg Scotland Airport is particularly good, very big,  covers the rock face as well,  its a lovely flight from there into main Scotland.

Im going to venture outside of Europe a little more with airstrips like this one,  looks fantastic   https://www.fullterrain.com/product/05s   will need the Region to have it 

What i really like in a scenery is the grassy effect,  small rustic and quaint Airstrips.   I will wipe out a couple more by the end of the sale. 

Oh also Jackson's is a deffo,  its a whirly birds dream  :rolleyes:  

There most likely will be another sale, always has been, think mid summer, think Christmas, think Cyber Monday, think Black Friday etc. 

Buy PNW, SAK, NRM, CRM, NCA, "FSAddon" Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords.....and you will never need to fly anywhere else in the world....just kidding.  Add in Victoria Plus, Vancouver Plus for good measure.  Then start adding SimAddons, Prince George, Castlegar, Kelowna,  Banff, Calgary, Edmonton....some of the planets best scenery, and most certainly best of Orbx IMHO.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

PNW

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

While I live in and am partial the NCA region, I would recommend the NZSI and NZNI.  It is very diverse scenery in a relatively small area.  Because it is relatively small area, it can be covered well by typical small GA plane type trips, making for nice sight seeing for your average 1-2hr GA flight.

While I live in and am partial the NCA region, I would recommend the NZSI and NZNI.  It is very diverse scenery in a relatively small area.  Because it is relatively small area, it can be covered well by typical small GA plane type trips, making for nice sight seeing for your average 1-2hr GA flight.

YES AGREE

Palm Springs and Sedona

or

Redding +  and Blue Canyon-Nyack  + 

Not ORBX but one of the very best for me, is TwentyNine Palms.

Wonderful airport, great price.

First time I ever spent several hours doing takeoffs and landings at a single airport.  :-)

Cheers

I went straight for UK2000 EGLL and EGKK, so the UK scenery as well, since a lot of my vatsim flights start or end there since ATC coverage is so good, and it's often really busy. However, Norway as others have said, is an excellent choice. Some really great scenery in Norway in reality, and this has gone across quite well in to flight sim. Lots of little hops you can do around Scandavia and in and out of Norway/Sweden/Finland from the UK and Ireland, and you'll have some goood scenery below. But in a GA perspective, fantastic. It really is one of the most beautiful parts of the world.

However, New Zeeland has some great scenery too. There is a tiny airport which looks fantastic, and challenging if you use a twin engine. I've tried to look but can't find the code, frooglesim did a video on it I remember but can't find it. But yes, some great scenery around there and well worth checking out

I would recommend the NZSI and NZNI.  It is very diverse scenery in a relatively small area.  Because it is relatively small area, it can be covered well by typical small GA plane type trips, making for nice sight seeing for your average 1-2hr GA flight.

What he said.

And flying regional jets into some of those airports (where they really don't belong) is scary.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Rump bump diddi bump

2 days left of the Orbtx sale. How is everyone getting on so far. What magical items of Orbtx are you's thinking of picking up befor the end

Wishful thinking : FTX EU Germany B)

I was following the thread on the Orbtx forum of the Vote which region next. What was the outcome? Germany was in their yes?

Howdy! California prune picker here! Since you have Global already, a most challenging Airports/s is AYPY Port Moresby with the Papua New Guinea Kokoda trail short hillside srtips. I know it's not a region, but very fun nonetheless!

Stay with a coastal region for sure! PNW is great but expensive to populate! Cali is awesome and with the freeware Yosemite...eye candy heaven! The airports in Pacific Fjords are not P3D v2.5 friendly as of yet AFAIK!

Southern Alaska is beautiful...vast...serene! PAYA Yakutat is a cool home base  to wring out all types of aircraft with glacier filled mountains nearby as is PAJN Juneau!

I would say start with Northern Cal or Southern Alaska and work your way up or down!

All the airports in Cali are P3D v2.5 friendly!

Have fun!!!

An quite partial to Scotland. Add Orbx Sumburgh and fill in with UK2000/Scotflight. Decent scenery variety, lots of ga fields, a few oddities (Barra anyone?) and close enough to other decent regions (Norway, Ireland, England) to do some decent long ga/short to medium haul tube flights if that's your thing.