Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Device Manager Not Recognizing Video Card?

Windows 7 dual Boot with Windows 10

Windows 10 recognizes the nVidia GTX750 video card and it works properly. However, Windows 7 only sees it as a generic VGA card preventing using it for P3D/FSX. Device Manage shows it as a Generic VGA Card.

I tried a Windows 7 repair but no luck.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi  Dick,

regardless of what W7 detects and shows in your Device Manager.... Have you downloaded and installed the latest nvidia drivers?

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83819/en-us

I guess your GTX750 is more recent then the source of your Windows 7.

So, Windows 10 knows this card because it is an OS in development and the card already exists.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I have tried old and new drivers. With all the "goodies" and just with the Graphic Driver. Also use the Clean Install option when loading a nVidia driver.. I was hoping for a a miracle suggestion so I kept the explanation simple.

The rest of the story is that I was using a "driver cleaner and it had an option for Intel. Old version of the program. I did not notice it and that seemed to have removed some thing that was essential. I tried booting from the DVD to do an install or repair. It offered only Repair and that ran forever and eventually gave up and said it could not fix the problem. I tried just setup from the Windows 7 disk but I can't remember the specific issues there other than that did not work either.

I am at the point that I want to reinstall 7. If I have to sacrifice some files, well that is the cost of stupidity. Having been unable to get either the setup or the boot to work from the W7 disk that seems to be my present roadblock.

Windows 10 works ok but it is Beta and I need W7 to run stuff should it have any strong issues. P3D, Trainz and Railworks run ok as does Quicken and mail along with Firefox browser. But it refuses to rune the update from 10041 to 10074 so that is less than a warm feeling.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA