Sign in to follow this  
nudata

10 Fails Build Update

I have been running Windows 10 for quite awhile with build 10041 - P3D, FSX, train programs, Quicken, Firefox Browsing and mail. I recently tried to update to 10074 and it fails about 25% into the Setup Process. I would gladly reinstall 10041 from the ISO disk but even that does not work though I am not sure since I just booted from it and hoped.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Dick

Just out of interest, which version of Quicken have you got that works in Windows 10?

I have been running Windows 10 for quite awhile with build 10041 - P3D, FSX, train programs, Quicken, Firefox Browsing and mail. I recently tried to update to 10074 and it fails about 25% into the Setup Process. I would gladly reinstall 10041 from the ISO disk but even that does not work though I am not sure since I just booted from it and hoped.

What about build 10061 ? Mine wont update to 10071 but it my be something to do with the band width for the update as im on a remote site it gets to 92% ... dont know the reason. bear in mind after each install not all software will like the move and may need reinstallation or run in compatability mode blah blah blah

Hi Dick

Just out of interest, which version of Quicken have you got that works in Windows 10?

Quicken 2015 with update...

===================================

I really have no strong reason to update to 10074. Just keeping up-to-date but given the possible problem areas perhaps I should just wait at 10041 and see what develops.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Try turning Windows Defender and/or Windows Firewall off before updating. That seemed to fix all my issues with updating to 10074 after a handful of failed attempts.

Try turning Windows Defender and/or Windows Firewall off before updating. That seemed to fix all my issues with updating to 10074 after a handful of failed attempts.

I wil give that a go thanks for the tip....