Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Angel

FSX GA-Traffic (the utility) in P3D

There's a great tool called FSX GA Traffic that I've used for a few years to quickly and easily generate worldwide AI traffic. I Know I had the bloomin' thing working in P3D at some point, but I did a fresh install recently and can't sort out how to make it work now. Basically, it's not able to see any of my planes, and the "Planes" tab is empty.

I've tried using it along with the Estonia Migraton Tool, without success.

I know this is probably an obscure utility for obscure usage, but I'm hoping someone has solved this particular issue. I miss my AI traffic.

I too had two different AI programs both terrific but couldn't get them to work in P3D V2,5.  Today I purchased  My Traffic 6 and so far it's working flawlessly.  I'd recommend you do the same.  Hanging on to old products working with such an advanced program as P3D isn't worth the anguish.

Jim

I too had two different AI programs both terrific but couldn't get them to work in P3D V2,5.  Today I purchased  My Traffic 6 and so far it's working flawlessly.  I'd recommend you do the same.  Hanging on to old products working with such an advanced program as P3D isn't worth the anguish.

Yeah, good point. It's just that GA-Traffic did such a good job of easily generating traffic, and I had full control over plane models, etc.

What do you think of the GA traffic in MT6? If you fly from some smallish random airfield does it have any activity, or is it just the regional and hubs?

Can't say.  I just wanted to get some commercial aircraft in the skies.  Most of my flights are from large centres in an Airbus (1000 to 6000 nm). When I first started up the program I had to reduce GA traffic as it was way too much for my eyes to handle on FS Commander.

Jim

I use My Traffic 6 for mostly GA at his  point and it works very well in P3D.  Just install it which is very simple, set the amount of traffic you want and it runs itself. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There's a great tool called FSX GA Traffic that I've used for a few years to quickly and easily generate worldwide AI traffic

+1 Used it all the time in FS9 and FSX. Great tool for populating GA airfields with your choice of GA aircraft and producing auto schedules with touch and goes.

Wish it worked in P3D also!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

This is just a guess, but P3D v2.5 changed the location of a few things which might be confusing your AI program.

"SimObjectPaths.X =" is no longer inside the prepar3d.cfg so try putting it in there. Had to do this with UT2 so it could find the AI planes directory.

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.0= <path to your AI planes>

note: 0 (zero) or the next available number.... 1,2,etc

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I've been using GA-Traffic for years in P3D.  It runs great.  I use as many different GA models I could find plus I use the default FSX GA as AI GA in my P3D.  For AI they have amazing detail and does not seem to impact me so much.  I have 66 different GA models with 100's of textures among them.  178MB traffic.bgl file for them!

Sounds like maybe your paths to you AI aircraft is off?  I create separate folders for AI like AI_Aircraft-GA, AI_Aircraft-WOAI, etc., In SimObjects folder and made sure the folders paths are listed in the simobjects.cfg file.  Remember that location has changed in v2.5.  Also, do you have traffic.bgls created and in the proper location?  Just throwing out ideas.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit