Sign in to follow this  
supersym

Fore Feedback Yoke Flight Illusion & P3D 2.5

Personally I feel that is far too much money for far too little in the way of features.

+1

I tried the demo. Never going to buy at that price. Rip off.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I founded 2 others fabulous yokes ffb : the CLS of Brunner and this of IRIS  http://www.beh.ch/CLS-Economy-Yoke.200.0.html?&L=4 and http://www.irisdynamics.com/force-feedback-yoke/

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

+1

What was the price?

I founded 2 others fabulous yokes ffb : the CLS of Brunner and this of IRIS  http://www.beh.ch/CLS-Economy-Yoke.200.0.html?&L=4 and http://www.irisdynamics.com/force-feedback-yoke/

Iris aren't taking any more orders for their yoke; it will be a limited production run to fill all the kick-starter and pre-orders, after which I believe they will cease in-house production and license out their control loading technology to other yoke manufacturers. 

I am lucky to have mine already  :lol:

Control loading yokes are awesome, very expensive, but awesome!

205fk00.jpg

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Iris aren't taking any more orders for their yoke; it will be a limited production run to fill all the kick-starter and pre-orders, after which I believe they will cease in-house production and license out their control loading technology to other yoke manufacturers.

I am lucky to have mine already :lol:

205fk00.jpg

Did they abandon the other yoke option?

I was hoping for a more GA style control yoke

Did they abandon the other yoke option?

I was hoping for a more GA style control yoke

The upgraded yoke option was for existing buyers only. Iris were having issues with their in-house resin yoke handle manufacturing so in order to get customers yokes delivered faster they offered optional Precision Flight Control handles, the 737 style handle was an additional $500, not sure what the cost of the other styles of upgraded handles were but i seem to remember another few customers mentioning on the Iris forums that they had order Beechcraft stlye handle upgrades.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Iris aren't taking any more orders for their yoke; 

What a pity !!!

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

What a pity !!!

It looked like a beautiful yoke.  Thing is, I think they could have made a non-feedback version and made decent money.  Looking at the way they laid out the switches on the yoke, it was a simmer's dream. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Someone has tried the Brunner CLS ?

I am lucky to have mine already  :lol:

Control loading yokes are awesome, very expensive, but awesome!

205fk00.jpg

It simulates the effect of wind turbulence too ?

+1

Same here, which is why I never went past the demo stage.

Same here, which is why I never went past the demo stage.

Are you guys talking about the FS Force software?

And if so, how much are they charging for it?

Answer to Supersim inquiry:

The price tag is not cheap $1,742.00. I have a different type yoke, a Cessna, but FFB Module is sturdy and the and the yoke is heavy-duty cast and will take anything you can throw at it. I have 2 buttons on my Cessna yoke (1) push to talk (or autopilot disconnect..I haven't used that button as of yet) and (2) elevator trim. I don't need multiple buttons or whatever because I'll never use them. Well worth the price in MY BOOK. You want cheap....you GET Cheap!!! To each his own! I have great technical support should I need it with Mark at Flight Illusion.

My 182 panel cost &17,664.This unit will last me the rest of my life. I'm 68. I won't have to worry about getting rid of an old unit that will likely need upgrading at sometime and costing me more money each time. Someone may have to sell it at my estate sale. Like I say ,you want cheap , you get cheap. Some will say, for that price you could buy a used flying airplane.

Yes indeed...unless you can't fly anymore for medical reasons. Someday the FAA may change the rules. Who knows.... I used to own a 172 Skyhawk. I never had multiple buttons on that yoke, either. Now I have fun with this. Fly where and when I want and...free fuel for life..

Bill Davis

The price of the Brunner yoke is $2001.00 /1799 Euros.on thier site. The IRIS yoke is $1,999.00 I haven't noticed recent news from them.

I have 2 buttons on my Cessna yoke (1) push to talk (or autopilot disconnect..I haven't used that button as of yet) and (2) elevator trim. I don't need multiple buttons or whatever because I'll never use them.

A fair comment, but in my case I still need at least a hat switch.  It's (to me) a necessary concession to the fact that I need something to control how I view the world in the sim.  And no, for me TrackIR and the like is not a viable option, though I recognize that it is for others.  This is a showstopper for me every time I consider a higher end yoke.  There are some functions I need to help control the sim part of the equation, and most high-end yokes want to pretend they only need to emulate what's in the real plane.

Some will say, for that price you could buy a used flying airplane.

And those people would be people who've never actually owned and flown an airplane. -_-   As with boats and cars and houses and so many other things - the buying is the (relatively) cheap and easy part.  It's owning an airplane that'll drive you to bankruptcy.   Insurance, hangar/tiedown fees, annuals, fuel, engine, prop and avionics reserves, regular maintenance, unplanned maintenance, AD compliance...  And that's not even taking into account just the basic costs of being a current and rated pilot (charts and subscriptions, currency, flight reviews, medicals...)

Scott

It's possible to use another device for the hat swicth. 

If I've well understood the Iris use magnet inductors instead of motors to give move to the yoke ?