Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

"Lights and Doors" command in V1.5

Hi Brian,

Installed the 1.5 update and made a couple of flights and I have noticed the following:

After landing, after clean up is completed, just prior to last turn before arriving at the gate, the voice command "Lights and doors" causes the opening of the doors rather than the slide disarming.

Can you replicate this or is it something messed up in my configuration ?

Thanks

Regards

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Brian,

I have always set this option to YES, and it has always worked fine, i.e. the doors were disarmed but not opened following the command "lights and doors".

What has changed in V 1.5 that should require it to be set to NO ?

Regards

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Hi Brian,

they were armed as usual. I usually make the the call "cabin crew arm slides, please" when I am pushing back, and I see that the FO is arming the doors via the FO FMC. And up to now, I made the call "lights and doors" just prior to arriving at the gate, and the FO responded "cabin crew, disarm doors and cross check", and the slides where disarmed and the doors remained closed. But now what happens is that the doors are opened following this call.

Regards

Same issue  here after updating  to 1.5   no issues  before the update  as  per the op of  this thread,  taxing  in the gate after  saying  turn off taxi light  than saying   cabin crew disarm slides etc   doors  were opened before  reaching  the gate

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think the issue here is that the option is Automatic door arming and disarming, now the flight attendants automatically arm the slides and then you give the command to arm slides which will disarm them, then when turning to the gate you give the command to disarm slides which opens doors.

Try checking to make sure that during pushback that giving the command to arm slides again does not disarm them.

If you want to make that call the  "777 DOOR ARMING/DISARMING" should be off.

Regards

I haven't noticed any issue here. Make sure that the door is on automatic before calling the "lights and doors". If it is on manual, the door will open.

I have made the mistake on departure. I forgot that I set up FS2Crew to manage the doors, I put all the doors to automatic myself. After pushback and engine start, I called, "cabin crew arm slides", and the F/O pushed the button on the CDU. As the door was already in automatic, a push on the lsk switched it to manual. Then, I needed to push again to open the door, push to close the door and at last push again to switch to automatic.

Stephane

I think the issue here is that the option is Automatic door arming and disarming, now the flight attendants automatically arm the slides and then you give the command to arm slides which will disarm them, then when turning to the gate you give the command to disarm slides which opens doors.

If you want to make that call the  "777 DOOR ARMING/DISARMING" should be off.

Regards

We had more or less the same idea, but you were faster than me Damien  B)

Stephane

vpa055.png

I have had the same problem a couple of times. It has occurred to me prior to v1.5. It does not occur often and I haven't been able to faithfully reproduce the problem so I figured it was operator error.

George Shimada

George Shimada

Make sure that the door is on automatic before calling the "lights and doors". If it is on manual, the door will open.

That makes sense, and that's why I added the Config Option as described in the tutorial.

Special Note:  FS2Crew will attempt to arm door L2 via the FO's FMC.  FS2Crew cannot arm or disarm the doors directly due to SDK limits.  The FO's FMC must be powered for this function to work.  If you do not want FS2Crew to attempt to arm/disarm the doors, disable DOOR ARMING/DISARMING in the FS2Crew CFG Options.  If using the Freighter version, you will need to control door L1 manually.

Yesterday evening it worked fine but I did nothing different from the previous flights where it hadn' t worked. The only thing I am thinking of is in the previous flights my "cabin crew arm slides" call was not caught by FS2Crew, resulting in doors not being put in Auto.....but that' s strange because I should have had a "Doors manual/auto" warning which wasn' t there actually. Besides that during push back I usually have the inboard CPT display on "Doors" page to make sure doors are moved from manual to auto, so the chances I missed it are very low....but anyway I will check again and see if it happens again.

Regards

Ezio

cabin crew arm slides

That would would be a factor.

The door arm/disarmed state is something we cannot "read" directly since it's not in the SDK, so we have to assume everything is the the "right" position.  

So if you skip the "cabin crew arm slides" call, things are going to get out of position.

I would just set the CFG option to 'no'.