Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Editing TOPCAT TORA TODA etc

If it was a snake, it would have bit me. Thanks.

haha - welcome. If it's any consolation, I was trying to write a query earlier to find closed items in a database and was struggling with a condition where any number of date values entered into different fields could potentially mark something as closed.

...and then I found a field that contains an Open/Closed/In Progress value.

SELECT *
FROM tblOfThings
WHERE Status Like "*Closed*";

Facepalm. At least it's Friday...

I doubt Topcat is dead considering it's made by the same people that make PFPX and I don't believe that is dead.... :)

He's referring to their TOPCAT forum - not the product.

Kyle Rodgers

Vernon

On the most basic level such as runway length, how can we be certain what is correct to use in FSX. Assume Navigraph has the correct length and TOPCAT is updated with that data. Is that the runway length of the addon airport. How do you even determine the length of a runway at a payware airport.

Several years ago I was setting up for a takeoff at KOAK runway 30. FSX, TOPCAT, and the Airport Diagram all showed different lengths. Plus there was the addon length. Which was the correct one to use. If a payware or freeware airport is used does FSX in the Map section show it or does it still shown the FSX default airport?

From Navigraph

Hi Vernon,

we don´t update the "intersections", "clear/stopways", "obstacles" or the "eosids" - only the "airports" and the "runways" and therefore the difference. This parts are from the TopCat developer and Christian doesn´t update these files either - sorry!

Vernon Howells

we don´t update the "intersections", "clear/stopways", "obstacles" or the "eosids" - only the "airports" and the "runways" and therefore the difference. This parts are from the TopCat developer and Christian doesn´t update these files either - sorry!

At the end of the day, this really doesn't have much of anything to do with PMDG products other than you can use it to get perf numbers for our stuff. Getting TOPCAT to behave is a FlightSimSoft issue. Perhaps they'll have better information.

Kyle Rodgers

VernonOn the most basic level such as runway length, how can we be certain what is correct to use in FSX. Assume Navigraph has the correct length and TOPCAT is updated with that data. Is that the runway length of the addon airport. How do you even determine the length of a runway at a payware airport.Several years ago I was setting up for a takeoff at KOAK runway 30. FSX, TOPCAT, and the Airport Diagram all showed different lengths. Plus there was the addon length. Which was the correct one to use. If a payware or freeware airport is used does FSX in the Map section show it or does it still shown the FSX default airport?

Very true! But still its nice to have all the figures matching :)

Vernon Howells