Sign in to follow this  
pilot83

Reshade (SweetFX) + Master effect Reborn FSX DX10 shots

Beautiful shots.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Nice shots!  Couple questions:

Did the Setup.exe work or did you have to install manually?  

Is there a single "Reshade" folder in FSX or does it install the .dll's in the main FSX directory?

Thanks for posting this.

\Robert Hamlich/

Nice shots!  Couple questions:

Did the Setup.exe work or did you have to install manually?  

Is there a single "Reshade" folder in FSX or does it install the .dll's in the main FSX directory?

Thanks for posting this.

Thanks! Actually my setup.exe asked me to select manually the game fsx.exe, after this it did not recognize if it was DX9 or DX10, so i had to select manually the option DX10 since im running FSX in DX10 but you can also select DX9, then it installed successfully and i ran FSX. 

There is 3 options to install Reshade:

1- Reshade + Framework (which you have inside gemFX, McFX, Sweet FX) http://reshade.me/

2- Reshade+ Sweet FX http://reshade.me/

In order to install Master Effect Reborn you need one of the above reshade installed http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-mastereffect/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread

I had Reshade+framework installed so i have a Reshade folder and a reshade.fx file inside my main FSX folder im not sure where the dll's are located but i believe they go to the main FSX folder. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Sunsets look amazing.

:)

Beautiful shots.

Thanks!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I have reshade in FSX SE and the presets I am using is great.

Mastereffect is will change the effects on the fly in FSX.

I am using the Preset Day - I think from rehade presets for Fsx.  Or it could be the Extreme one I am not sure but I love the way FSX SE looks.

The .dll's go into Sweetfx folder under FSX when you install Reshade

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Sunset shots look good but the daytime shots look to gamey and not realistic, however, if that's what you like then that's all that matters. Personally I go more for the realistic looking colors, just my personal preference.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sunset shots look good but the daytime shots look to gamey and not realistic, however, if that's what you like then that's all that matters. Personally I go more for the realistic looking colors, just my personal preference.

Cheers! i was just testing randomly by changing values in the master effect preset and i totally agree with you about daytime :) i prefer sunset too ...Daytime needs to be re edited ...

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

@ pilot 83

Which version of Reshade do you use? Which Graphic Card and Driver do you use?

I also tried Reshade on my System but FSX keeps crashing during the splashscreen

Thanks in Advance

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Beautiful shots. If you decrease the saturation, they'd be perfect.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

3 hours ago, Jackaroo05 said:

All I see is photobucket please upgrade.

Click the link to see the photos. 

Btw, the topic is over two years old, might have something to do with it. Maybe photobucket changed their TOS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator