Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Honest answer on fps please

Hi I'm still on the fence about this plane and maybe I'll buy it tonight... So, are the frames really comparable with the Phenom or the Citation? if yes I'm good to go. Please quote me if you like.

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

Unlike most of simmers, I have a laptop and I am getting more or less the same FPS here as with PMDG 737NGX and Aerosoft Airbus series, if this reference is any indication to you. I don't have the Phenom and the S550, so i can't say nothing about them.

Based on what I read here and in other forums, I think it is safe to say that performance is not a big problem with the Hawker, at least for most of people. Problems are mainly related to poor FMC and avionics features. Also, some systems are not modeled. On the other side, graphics is stunning.

In short, it has a great potential, but also wide margins for optimization.

Fps are not great. If you go the FSX forum you can find my post about Addon Performance.

I compare a lot of addons to the stock C172 on my system . The latest Carenado jets score not great.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow! amazing charts, many thanks for that, so this product is almost on par with the Phenom with less variation in fps according to your chart. I guess I'm good to go.

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

Thank you Ryan, I had never seen that performance chart before, very interesting work.

I do not own all the aircraft listed there, but I can say that your results are perfectly in line with mine. The Hawker has a comparably decent performance, in my opinion.

Surely performance is not the biggest of its problems.

The key with this comparison is that a) it's eveything against the default cessna and b) it's on my own machine. You can do the same tests on your machine too.

Also it's important to note you're not seeing actual frames it's more a ratio of performace compared to default cessna.

The VAS assessment is pretty straight forward, the variance is something I've been noticing for a few years. You can see the F1 Citation Mustang has a large variance on my machine. This may not be the case on others (I'm curious if it stutters badly for other users though).

Finally my rig must be getting old because the Phenom is pretty rough on performance for me - the hawker is about the same - talking strictly FPS here - I get mid teens in big cities with OPUS weather in the hawker VC. Not enjoyable hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Wow! amazing charts, many thanks for that, so this product is almost on par with the Phenom with less variation in fps according to your chart. I guess I'm good to go.

Thanks,

Hawker is better on fps than Phenom

Rich Sennett

Yep that's true, just bought the plane the very same night, really like it and runs great on my mid range pc.

Alexander Colka

Yep that's true, just bought the plane the very same night, really like it and runs great on my mid range pc.

Enjoy it - hoping for a SP2 soon

Rich Sennett

Gotta love FSX - it's not great for me! But I still like to fly it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |