Sign in to follow this  
padolamap

Water in P3D

trying to see because the water in this new version of P3D did not move I found missing WaterConstants, I put one of FSX and worked as he did in previous versions. I hope you serve.

Greetings to all

Hi Padolamap - can you elaborate? Did you mean you just copied over the WaterConstants.xml over to fix the static water issue some are seeing?

I don't have FSX anymore so I can't confirm or deny...

Yeah, I have the static water issue at all altitudes. Copying the FSX WaterConstants.xml will fix it? I'll have to try it later. Thanks for the tip!

Please keep me informed. I don't have FSX installed anymore, but a copy of that WaterConstants.xml file would be appreciated if it works. For the armchair lawyers out there......I still have my Gold Edition DVD, so serial number available on request.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Please keep me informed. I don't have FSX installed anymore, but a copy of that WaterConstants.xml file would be appreciated if it works. For the armchair lawyers out there......I still have my Gold Edition DVD, so serial number available on request.

Hi Christopher,

This file has been the topic of many discussions here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/317677-bojotes-waterconstantsxml/

You will find a complete XML file in the above link.

Cheers and happy experimenting  :lol:

Jerome

The waterconstants.xml is no longer in the Prepar3D directory but it gets generated in your C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

I wouldn't use that old one for FSX since this is DX11 it's probably a lot different

I see a    Waterconstant.xml in my P3D root directory

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes, I also see a WaterConstants.xml file in the root P3D folder. Since I have backed up the existing one, I see no harm in checking this one out. Anyway, if the existing P3D water is any indication of the quality of DX11 stuff, then give me DX9 any day!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It is simply paste a file in the root folder of the simulator, if it does not work or does not make any difference is cleared and ready

I also have that file in the same folder where the prepar3d.cfg and yet had no movement in the water, also you can copy that file and put it in the main folder and see the result

I took a backup of the P3D file..Copied over from FSX and put it in both places..the P3D root as well as where the xml and exe files are.

Restarted FSX. The Ocean remains dead..dead as a door knob! :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Same here, Manny. No difference whatsoever in P3D (and yes, I deleted the Shader Files).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

See Beau's explanation of the P3D waterconstant.xml file here...
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/water-rendering-in-p3d-v2-3/

My understanding is Rex changed some of the xml file parameters with their texture direct product, but perhaps some tweaking may be in order still? 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I think we just need the Outerra water plugin, and our problems would be solved :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you want to see good waves you need to turn the water up to ultra and turn on bathemetry(supposedly wave heights effected by the underlying terrain)

edit: if you REALLY want to see them , choose custom weather and crank up the wind speed to 36. You'll be blown away