Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Panel Builder gauges not in sync with cockpit

Yesterday I've build a panel for the RealAir T Duke, but I'm seeing whole different numbers in the cockpit than on the Panel Builder's gauges. I've tried to connect through the P3D2 interface, as well as through the P3D FSUIPC interface and it does make a little difference in the numbers, but they're still far from what they should be.

For example, with the start sequence through P3D2 interface:

Torque: Panel Builder: 158 --> Cockpit: 135

ITT is ok

NG when starting (I assume this needs N1 gauge?) Panel Builder: 12 --> Cockpit: 13.2(Ok, this is just 1.2%, but with 0.1 steps, it are still 12 steps)

NG after start: Panel Builder: 65 --> Cockpit: 52.9

Prop: Panel Builder: 1215 --> Cockpit: 1201

Fuel Flow is more or less ok, just 1 point difference up or down.

Fuel Pressure: Panel Builder: 40 (maxed out) --> Cockpit: 21.9

With P3D FSUIPC interface the numbers are just a little different, except for the Prop RPM, which is maxed out at 4000, while the cockpit reads 1225.

I've been using the EFIS pack for these gauges, as they match best and the standard gauges for the rest of the panel, dont know if that could play a role...

What can I do to make the numbers match up properly?

Cheers!

Maarten Franken

Some (or most?) of the Add-On aircraft calculate their engine and performance data internally and show them on the instrument panel. This 'customized' data is not all the time available through the standard interfaces like SimConnect or FSUIPC.

For this reason we had to produce customized specialized versions or additional software to show the correct data. Examples for this are our Panel Builder for Dodosim and our A2A C172 Add-on. In both those cases our software extracts those values and puts them back into FSUIPC to make them available for Panel Builder.

Many add-on producers provide information about their customized data and how to get to them.

We have not done any work for any RealAir Add-On products so far.

Even if those are not good news for you, I hope you understand why the discrepancy occurs.

Reinhard Hussel

simPlugin%20logo%20tiny.jpg

Hi,

I am interested in your product but do worry about this gauge inaccuracy.

Can you not do what PM does with its gauges. Place a entry in the cfg file to correct it.

Thanks

Les

It is impossible for us to create a custom interface for every aircraft add-on.

If an add on aircraft provides custom offsets, you can modify the Panel Builder FSUIPC interface cfg file.

There is also a way to inject LVARS back into FSUIPC if this is provided by the add on aircraft.

There are some posts as about this in this forum, seatch for LVAR and A2A C172.

Reinhard Hussel

simPlugin%20logo%20tiny.jpg

Yesterday I've build a panel for the RealAir T Duke, but I'm seeing whole different numbers in the cockpit than on the Panel Builder's gauges. I've tried to connect through the P3D2 interface, as well as through the P3D FSUIPC interface and it does make a little difference in the numbers, but they're still far from what they should be.

For example, with the start sequence through P3D2 interface:

Torque: Panel Builder: 158 --> Cockpit: 135

ITT is ok

NG when starting (I assume this needs N1 gauge?) Panel Builder: 12 --> Cockpit: 13.2(Ok, this is just 1.2%, but with 0.1 steps, it are still 12 steps)

NG after start: Panel Builder: 65 --> Cockpit: 52.9

Prop: Panel Builder: 1215 --> Cockpit: 1201

Fuel Flow is more or less ok, just 1 point difference up or down.

Fuel Pressure: Panel Builder: 40 (maxed out) --> Cockpit: 21.9

With P3D FSUIPC interface the numbers are just a little different, except for the Prop RPM, which is maxed out at 4000, while the cockpit reads 1225.

I've been using the EFIS pack for these gauges, as they match best and the standard gauges for the rest of the panel, dont know if that could play a role...

What can I do to make the numbers match up properly?

Hi Maarten,

Do you have your "Panel-Settings" somewhere available for downloading. I'm trying to create one for P3D V3.2 with the Duke Turbine as well an i`m facing the same issues... Probably you could publish it for other users as i did with my lua (https://github.com/joeherwig/RealAir-Turbine-Duke-V2-LUA) or send it to me via PM. :-)

@Reinhard: Do you have any plans to add the ability to show the values optional (additionally) as clear-text like displayed at the duke turbine engine management-panel as seen here: http://www.x-hangar.com/v9/dukeT_panel.gif

Or do you plan to add the coloured arcs to the glas-cockpit-variant?

With exception of a couple of basic cessna, I havent been able to complete one single panel, by lack of gauges, then so much problems with lag and the whole thing doesnt work for so many aircraft I use, like A2A and others... I removed the whole thing from my computer long ago, because I never got anything useful.

It's much easier and faster to rebuild a 2D panel in the panel.cfg and it works much better also.

Cheers!

Maarten Franken

With exception of a couple of basic cessna, I havent been able to complete one single panel, by lack of gauges, then so much problems with lag and the whole thing doesnt work for so many aircraft I use, like A2A and others... I removed the whole thing from my computer long ago, because I never got anything useful.

It's much easier and faster to rebuild a 2D panel in the panel.cfg and it works much better also.

... the problem with the .cfg, gauges, is that you can't run them on a separate computer over the network