Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Farhadi

CTD after entering a PB/PB user waypoint

Hi,
I was flying with the 777-200LR with the air france paint from CYYZ-LFPG
i was entering the STAR and approach just when reached T/C to go and get some sleep until i get to paris,the when i deleted VECTORS leg and entered PG536086/CI26L356 btw BIBAX7W arrival-trans:MOP3W and ILS26R,i get this CTD

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: PMDG_777X.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5519990e
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0024ba2c
Faulting process id: 0x1308
Faulting application start time: 0x01d09014965af835
Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL
Report Id: 9a510600-fc0f-11e4-ad76-e4ce8f12685b

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

First of all, no user input should cause a crash regardless of whether the input is correct or not.  If you can reproduce the error please put the steps to do so on a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support at support.precisionmanuals.com.  Thank you.

Secondly, how did you delete the VECTORS segment?  I assume you either moved the next segment on top of the vectors in an over write operation... delete has me unsure of what you did.

Finally, a place/bearing entry has to be from a fix that is in the navdata database, local terminal fixes like a CI26L are not and only exist within the scope of the terminal airspace.  It has to be this way, CI26L could exist for many many locations.  Not sure what PG536 fix is but it is in the database, which you can verify by a search in navdata file wpNavFIX.txt.

A ticket on a reproducible error would really be nice to have if you can define the steps.

Dan Downs KCRP

@downscc
alright,i'm gonna ticket it tomorrow cause here it's late night and i'm gonna go right now

for you q's :
i deleted VECTORS by actually by-passing it (as you yourself mentioned)

and for PB/PB from outside of database,
-for PG536 , there were 2 terminal RNAV points like that,managed to check it by coordinations like all other duplicated points

-for CI26L,as MANY MANY times before,it does get it so easily when the 'un-specified' point is in the flight plan

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

for CI26L,as MANY MANY times before,it does get it so easily when the 'un-specified' point is in the flight plan

The problem is multiple instances of the same fix... which one to use?? Normally if there are multiple fix or navaid names then the FMS will ask you which one to use. In the case of using a fix for PBD or PBPB custom waypoints this method does not work.

I'd relook at the reason you need a custom waypoint.... they are so rare in daily use that it's worth the relook.

Dan Downs KCRP