Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Opinions on EZDok for P3D

I have been thinking about getting EZdok for P3D, but have read so many problems with installing it in P3D and then getting erratic operation of the camera and having things like P3D crashing on landing, etc. I also have read that it can be difficult to install in P3D. Any opinions. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The install with the latest beta wasn't too bad, doesn't require jumping through hoops (i.e. Estonia Migration Tool), and was up-and-running for me without issue.

However....

Getting the camera to cooperate with some of my add-ons that depend on camera settings was pretty frustrating. This included the A2A Cherokee 180 (with the walkaround utility), and the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended (with the interactive checklist). There are apparently workarounds for this stuff, but I couldn't get them working and eventually gave up and removed EZdok.

And, I've gotta' say that EZdok is really powerful, but it's just fiddly as heck in terms of the UI, getting a new plane set up properly, etc. It's not too bad once you figure things out, but if I happen to not use it for a few weeks I feel like I'm relearning it each time. Maybe I'm just old and cranky, but I find the payoff not quite worth the effort.

That said, I sure do miss the ability to move between cameras with a flick of my joystick hat. I know EZdok will eventually sing its siren song to me again -- perhaps after the official P3Drelease  -- and I'll be back trying to figure out how to make it all work.

EzDok can indeed be a pain to set up, but I cannot imagine flying without it and TrackIR. The sense of immersion is amazing when it all works right.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I have had no issues with it other than the known bug where certain key combinations can shutoff the ability to use the movement keys to move the camera around.  In my case, CTRL-SHIFT makes EZDok stop working fully.  Pushing that combo again restores functionality.    Other than that, the new Beta seems to be working like a charm.    I even use it on the Twin Otter mention above and have no experienced any problems with it but I am just starting to learn the Otter so maybe I missed a screen or something causing the problems.    I could not fly without it.   Combine that with A2A's Accufeel and have the best bump, headshake, jolting simulation I could ask for.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I even use it on the Twin Otter mention above and have no experienced any problems with it but I am just starting to learn the Otter so maybe I missed a screen or something causing the problems. 

So if you open the Twin Otter checklist and then click on the hot links to the view for that particular control/instrument, it all works for you correctly?

If so, I am obviously doing something wrong ... but I have no idea what.

So if you open the Twin Otter checklist and then click on the hot links to the view for that particular control/instrument, it all works for you correctly?

If so, I am obviously doing something wrong ... but I have no idea what.

Ah ha!  I have not tried it because I set my own custom views in EZDOK and ignored the pre-programmed ones that come from Aerosoft.    No doubt these cameras will conflict.   Just make your own if you are going to use EZdok with aircraft like this that have pre-programmed view points.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Save yourself all the headaches and just buy OPUS not only do you get  Cameras  that are easy to set up and manage but you also get a Excellent 

Weather Engine. I have had it for a few years and with no problems and Stephen and Cheryl are always there to help just in case.

My major problem with EZDok is you can't use two monitors with separate views.  From reading about OPUS, it appears you can do this,  But with OPUS can you choose not to use the weather?  Understand it's included in the package, but can you choose not to enable it?  I use ASN and I love it. 

Jeff Callender

My major problem with EZDok is you can't use two monitors with separate views.  From reading about OPUS, it appears you can do this,  But with OPUS can you choose not to use the weather?  Understand it's included in the package, but can you choose not to enable it?  I use ASN and I love it. 

I have the same issue. I have Active Sky NG and wouldn't trade it for anything. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, you can disable Opus weather and use cameras only. I use ASN weather and Opus Camera with Track IR all the time and love it.

Yes, you can disable Opus weather and use cameras only. I use ASN weather and Opus Camera with Track IR all the time and love it.

Is the camera easy to set up in P3d? 

Is the camera easy to set up in P3d?

Very easy, and way easier than EzDock.

Jon Skiffington