Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Looking for a PFPX polar route file from CYYZ to VHHH

Hi all,

Does anybody would be so kind as to sending me a PFPX polar route file (fly over Greenland) from CYYZ to VHHH so I can import it into my PFPX?

I found some routes on Flight Aware such as this one: click here

IKLEN1 TONNY YYB YVO J567 YGL UHA TEFFO AYROU CANEL 6900N 06000W 7400N 05000W 7700N 04000W 8000N 02000W 8100N 00000E 8100N 02000E PIREL R705 TINEM R705 SAKAT R705 BRT G490 SERNA A310 POLHO G218 TMR B458 LARAD B458 WXI A461 LIG R473 NNX R473 WYN W18 NLG W23 ZUH R473 SIERA

But it is a bit tedious to recreate in PFPX.

I tried the Route Editor but apparently there is no search engine to find easily each waypoint. So one has to watch closely the map, search visually for each waypoint among the many ones, then right-click to add to the flight plan.

- TONY -

Hmm...  Why don't you just open the route editor, copy-paste the FlightAware in the textbox, and click "build"?  That would work for you, would it?

sig01.png

Why would you go East over Greenland?  The direct route is just slightly West of true North from CYYZ.  How is it too hard to enter any route into PFPX LOL..wow.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, if I had you laughing, all the best  ^_^ There are some real routes going over Greenland operated by Air Canada (click here). It sounds funny indeed but so far I've only used the Auto route feature of PFPX. I tried to copy paste the Air Canada route in the text box but have not noticed the "Build" button located much higher than the textbox. It works now, thanks Max for the hint!

- TONY -

Is anyone having issues with Sim-routes website? Its either has error ,or only spits out KSFO KLAX plans. Maybe this site has seen its best days,with too much web traffic.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Perhaps it is quicker to input directly into the FMC in Route Page. sometimes it has to be done in real life when for reason the Satellite downlink doesn't work. It only takes about 5min. 

Usually flights from East Coast to HKG fly over the "european" side of the polar region to take advantage of the tail wind over Greenland in Summer. In winter time the route usually goes over the Alaskan side of the polar region. But after all it varies from day to day due to the wind, so it can really be anything.

Flying from ORD or YYZ, I have seen non polar route flying over North of PANC head west straight into Russia then comes down into North East China. This may happen when the fuel cost saved from going polar is less than the Overflying charges over the pole. The critical figure used to be around 8 tons of fuel but could be different now with the current fuel price. 

There are some real routes going over Greenland operated by Air Canada.

My bet would be wind advantage. I highly doubt they're routing over Greenland just to fly over Greenland.

As far as the tediousness, it seems like you're just not using the routing function correctly, but here really isn't the place, honestly.

Perhaps it is quicker to input directly into the FMC in Route Page. sometimes it has to be done in real life when for reason the Satellite downlink doesn't work. It only takes about 5min. 

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers