Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

WideViewAspect=True or better Zoom Out?

From my observations ZoomOut (~0.38 usually)/WideViewAspect=False give some better FPS compared to WideViewAspect=True (ZoomOut ~0.75)

What are your observations and thoughts on this setting?

Thanks,

Dirk 

The more you zoom out the better the FPS because all the details are getting compressed and distorted.    I personally cannot stand flying with WideViewAspect being False.  I have to turn it on.   I then use EZDOK to move my camera where I need it and to set a comfortable zoom for me that I believe is realistic.   The end results to me is a realistic POV inside my 737 with good frame rates and without visual distortion in the cockpit or blurries on the terrain below.    Zooming in too much can also wreck havoc on your ground textures and cause them to blur out so be careful.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Interesting, in my case the more I zoom out with WideViewAspect=True, the worse is FPS logically, because the view covers a lot more details/objects.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Interesting, in my case the more I zoom out with WideViewAspect=True, the worse is FPS logically, because the view covers a lot more details/objects.

That's my experience too... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

You are right.   I don't zoom out too far in WideScreen view.  I think I am fixed at like .68.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

You are right. I don't zoom out too far in WideScreen view. I think I am fixed at like .68.

I think it is a combination of both:

wide views show more objects, so they are harder to render resulting in a lowered frame rate.

On the other hand small viewing angles (shaking tunnel views) tend to have larger gaps/jumps in-between the picture phases which then do not look fluently (e.g. due to the lack of natural motion blur = 1/60s instead of "1/4000s" CGI, computer generated images).

Wide angle (distant object) phases have smaller gaps, so they look more fluently... :wacko:

Zooming in too much can also wreck havoc on your ground textures and cause them to blur out so be careful.

Here I can't see any noticeable distortions, just the FPS difference at about the same view angle. Perhaps my eyes...

Thanks,

Dirk.