Sign in to follow this  
holl

Prepar3d v2.5 too bright at night

Hello all simmers :)

I have now moved along to P3D since i was sick tired of all the crashes and problems FSX brought along. With a little tweaking in the cfg, P3D is running very well i must say!

What i noticed in P3D as in FSX is that the night is way too bright. In FSX the problem was easy fixed with a ENB file but what i have understood, since reading many topics ENB is not going on very well with P3D. So do you guys have any solution to get rid of that clear wing sight and white clouds in the middle of the night. Kind of ruins the "night feeling" i must say :/

Appreciate all answers and feedback.

dear regards

Nicko 

What you mention about a enb file for Fsx is new for me and i am going too have a look at it. Think you are correct about the Fsx has a bright night.

MAikel, PE1123.

NL

ENB in Prepar3D impossible to use because it only works with the simulator is DX9 and DX11

Thanks DarkstarF16, i will have a look :)

Is there any other possible solution if you dont want to use HDR? As mentioned in the topic the daylight seems a little too dark

First point of call is to always calibrate your monitor(s). You can adjust the brightness of the day and night to suit if you follow the instructions. I also use ReShade (a better implementation of ENB) which adds it's own vibrancy which you may or may not need or like. With ReShade you can enable HDR too but I found it too harsh so stick to P3D I use three monitors so it helps me.

Thanks DarkstarF16, i will have a look :)

Is there any other possible solution if you dont want to use HDR? As mentioned in the topic the daylight seems a little too dark

Turn HDR off at night. On in the day. There's a button that will do that live in-sim, without a reboot or rebuild after the first run of the shader file.

First point of call is to always calibrate your monitor(s). You can adjust the brightness of the day and night to suit if you follow the instructions. I also use ReShade (a better implementation of ENB) which adds it's own vibrancy which you may or may not need or like. With ReShade you can enable HDR too but I found it too harsh so stick to P3D I use three monitors so it helps me.

I tried some files found in the forum and replaced it with the old (created .bak file on the original) but dont seem to change anything. Not what i can see. The night is still bright as before and the daylight is kind of dark. Im doing something wrong?

Yes, after doing that you MUST rebuild the shader cache.

Does that mean delete file "Shaders" located C:\Users\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2? Sorry for asking, really new to this  :rolleyes:

Does that mean delete file "Shaders" located C:\Users\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2? Sorry for asking, really new to this  :rolleyes:

Yes, delete the entire contents of that file.

When you next launch P3D there will be a delay (black screen - do not panic!) pause while the shaders are re-compiled and on first boot you might get some stutters.

Cycle through internal and external views, repeat with HDR on/off (depending what you started with) then close the sim down and restart - just the sim, not the PC. 

Do this every time you change drivers or make serious graphic changes to the sim (i.e. Hotfix updates). I tend to make it a monthly cleanup ritual. but that's just me.

When you next launch P3D there will be a delay (black screen - do not panic!) pause while the shaders are re-compiled and on first boot you might get some stutters.

Cycle through internal and external views, repeat with HDR on/off (depending what you started with) then close the sim down and restart - just the sim, not the PC. 

Do this every time you change drivers or make serious graphic changes to the sim (i.e. Hotfix updates). I tend to make it a monthly cleanup ritual. but that's just me.

I will try, thank you so much for your help! :D

Dosent seem to work. I change the value and follow as the topicstarter says but still have those white clouds and visible wing in the middle of the night :(

Just switch off HDR if you don't want bright nights. I never use it. Pointless addition to P3D IMO.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Just switch off HDR if you don't want bright nights. I never use it. Pointless addition to P3D IMO.

I have to admit that compared to HDR in X-Plane I don't see nearly the difference with it on/off in P3D