Sign in to follow this  
mbscjohnp

Second Officer Male Wave Files

I purchased Aerorsoft's A320/A321 which contains FS2Crew's "Pilot Flying" and "Pilot Non-Flying" wave files, although I am unable to locate these files in the program itself.  I am a retired A320 Captain and have no problem regarding female First Officers and Second Officers in the cockpit of an A320, but I would like to fly my original route KLAX to KSFO with a male Second Officer.

I requested information from Moderator Hagan at Aerosoft regarding the Configurator's added selection opportunity of "user" wave file additions, to permit me to self-created a male wave file, using the command listings posted in the manual.  His terse reply was that only one wave file for Second Officer was female, the rest male.  He is mistaken in his assumption and did not provide the information that I requested of him.  I replied to him that his reply contained incorrect information and from the inclusion of the "user" selection in the configurator, the programmer(s) apparently intended to provide for a "user" wave file.

Please advise the location of these wave files in the program, as I have been unable to locate them, and the permissible size of the wave file to permit me to add such a file.

As a side note, From the tone of the German voiced Second Officer in the program, I certainly would not care to have her in the cockpit with me for fear that she would bite my head off, or take command herself.  <smile>   John Parkinson

Hi John,

The Aerosoft Airbuses don't have anything to do with FS2Crew. Aerosoft provide a "First Officer" checklist function that's similar to FS2Crew but not the same.

I've just had a quick look through the Airbus files (I own the bundle) and the wav files you're looking for are in...

[FSX Folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Sound_ASC

In here you'll find the folders you're looking for

British_PF

British_PNF

Standard_PF

etc.

Including User_PF and User_PNF

If you want to record your own sound files, this is where you would put them. I would base them off the file naming for the other folders.

By the way, if you open your Airbus Configurator program and hit the "Other Settings" tab, this is where you can select from the different voice packs. Have you tried that already? I'm sure that's easier than recording a whole new set!

Let us know how you get on.

Neil.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Neil, Thanks for the speedy reply.  I have tried the Configurator's Other Settings tab and all of the PNF wave files are female.  Since FS2Crew is a separate addon, before I go through the trouble of creating a male "US" PNF wave file, do you know if FS2Crew has one already that I can purchase?

I guess that I did not search for these wave file well enough and have, from your reply, found their location.  I can now proceed.  I should have posted in this my normal question area first, instead of Aerosoft's forum.  At least here, everyone is always friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.  Thanks again.

If anyone would like a "US" male PNF wave file for Aerosoft's A320/A321 program when I finish, I will post it here.    John

Hi John, The British and French PNF are both male in the Aerosoft program. However, I prefer using the FS2Crew program as it adds so much more immersion to the Airbus (plus you get to actually control it with your voice!) there's also a button control version too. (FS2Crew airbus comes with a great US PNF voice)

The voice control version takes a little bit of setup, you have to train windows to recognise your voice but once you get it working it's brilliant.

You can get them here - http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/categories/Special-Airbus-Area-%282013-and-Later%29/

Right now there's a 25% off sale going on, enter the coupon code of "SPRING2015" to get the discount.

Neil Andrews.

Neil:  Now I am confused.  I also prefer the FS2Crew program and I downloaded the FS2Crew Button Control program for the Airbus, but there is no US or Standard PnF male wave file, as they are  female.  The British and French PnF waves are indeed male and I have absolutely nothing against flying with a British, French, or even Aussie Second Officer, but I would really like to have my old American Second Officer by my side.  Are we talking about the same FS2Crew program, or did I download the wrong one?   John

Neil:  Now I am confused.  I also prefer the FS2Crew program and I downloaded the FS2Crew Button Control program for the Airbus, but there is no US or Standard PnF male wave file, as they are  female.  The British and French PnF waves are indeed male and I have absolutely nothing against flying with a British, French, or even Aussie Second Officer, but I would really like to have my old American Second Officer by my side.  Are we talking about the same FS2Crew program, or did I download the wrong one?   John

Hi John,

There's an American flight crew included.

Is this the product you have?

http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/categories/Special-Airbus-Area-%282013-and-Later%29/

Bryan:  I purchased from FS2Crew SKU:2C-AAXB, FS2Crew: Airbus X Button Control at $28.28USD and there is an American flight crew included, but the Second Officer has a female voice and I would like to have a male Second Officer completing the checklists with me.  From the link you provided, it appears that I have the same item to which you refer.

Neil's earlier reply confused me as I believe he made reference that Aerosoft's Airbus A320/A321 checklist wav files were not the same as those of FS2Crew and I thought that perhaps I have the wrong item installed, but apparently not, unless I do not have a US PnF wav file with a male voice, if such exists.

Unless you know something different and as there appears to be no such US male PnF wav file available, so I am in the process of creating one with Creative Media Source Wave Studio 7.  My only concern is the 32bit Stereo PCM files that exist in FS2Crew and I can only create 16bit stereo wav files with my program,  A test run seems to sound OK, but I am only half way through the PnF file up to this evening, using my voice,

Like I posted above, I have no problem with a female Second Officer and I simply wish to recreate my previous cockpit experience with my prior male Second Officer.  If he were still among us, I would ask him to record the wav file.  John

Sorry John if I caused any confusion. That was not my intention. The Airbus comes with a German first officer female voice.

The folders I sent are the wav files for the Airbus voices, not fs2crew. Unfortunately, it's not possible to record custom wav recordings for fs2crew. Just be aware of that before you spend too much time recording them!

Neil Andrews.

As Neil has stated already, it's not possible to change voices in FS2Crew, as they are hard-coded and separate WAV files don't exist.

You could use the native Airbus copilot/checklist system though, to create custom voice sets there. Different flows and procedures, when compared to FS2Crew, though.

Wow!  Now I am really confused.  Apparently from what you both are saying is that I really did not purchase, install, and activate a "real" FS2Crew add-on, because the wav files that I am "adding to" are actually now a part of Aerosoft's wav files.  Apparently what I purchased from FS2Crew was nothing more than an add-on for Aerosoft's A320/A321?  What I have recorded and added to the "user" PnF wav's is currently working in Aerosoft's A320/A321.

So if I would purchase a "real" FS2Crew add-on, would it supersede what I have now installed?  AND does it have a male US Second Officer wav?  AND which add-on is it?  Or am I just getting too old to understand this process.  John

John, are you just using the checklist function from the right hand CDU in the Airbus?

Neil Andrews.

Neil:  Yes.  From your question containing the words:  "just using", is there another method that I am missing or did not set up correctly, as the manuals are quite extensive and I have followed them the best that I could?  Please recall that I am a pilot and normally just follow manuals and push buttons and give orders and pilot aircraft and drink coffee.  <smile>  John

If you buy the Airbus, it comes with

• the Airbuses (obviously!)
  • a locked version of a RAAS(ystem, this RAAS was developed by FS2Crew, too, confusingly!)
  • and its own checklist/copilot system, operated via the right MCDU

The crew simulation from FS2Crew would be a separate purchase:

http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/categories/Special-Airbus-Area-%282013-and-Later%29/

(There's a button-controlled, and a voice-controlled version available.)

If you also have FS2Crew's crew simulation installed, you can choose between the "native" Aerosoft copilot and the FS2Crew version for each and every flight: If you activate FS2Crew at the beginning of your flight, it will switch off the native copilot. If you don't activate FS2Crew, you can still use the built-in checklists and voice sets (including your own set, if you made one).

Neil:  Yes.

Sounds like we've found our solution! OK, John you're using the built in checklist that comes as standard with the Aerosoft Airbus and it sounds as though that even though you've bought Fs2Crew Airbus edition, you haven't actually used it yet! From now on, forget about the Airbus right cdu checklist...

open the Airbus Configurator and go to the "FS2Crew" tab, make sure you click the 'radio' button that says "FS2Crew Button Control" near the bottom.

Close the configurator.

Load up the airbus in FSX and go to the VIEWS/INSTRUMENT PANEL and select FS2Crew Main Panel

JjepRey.jpg

this is what you will see, this is the FS2Crew addon that you bought!

You'll find the manual for this in [FSX Directory]\FS2Crew2010\Versions\AerosoftAirbusX\Docs

Does this help?

Neil Andrews.

Oh Oliver and Neil:  I guess I am getting old.  Neil, I got it.  Thanks to all of you and your patience.  What would we do without friends such as in this Forum.  John