Sign in to follow this  
joherszch

Detailed flight analysis software for FSX

Does anyone know of any good detailed flight analysis software for FSX? Don't get me started on the default one =)

• Upvote 1

I haven't used this yet because the download links are not working. Maybe someone here knows another place to download it. But it looks like a pretty decent flight data recorder, and it's free...

http://www.software.burlingames.com/recorder.php

There's also a flight data recorder on the Aerosoft Twin Otter. It's been handy for me after crashing at Lukla a couple times. Always interesting when you get to simulate being the dispatcher, captain, and NTSB investigator all in the same flight session!  :lol:  

I haven't used this yet because the download links are not working.

Nice Find! Just for info, the actual exe is in the Source Code download. click through the folders until you find "bin" then check the "Release" folder, the exe is there. I've just opened it but i haven't tried it with P3D yet.

You shouldn't normally include the release folder with the source code, but in this case, I'm glad the guy did! :)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Nice Find! Just for info, the actual exe is in the Source Code download. click through the folders until you find "bin" then check the "Release" folder, the exe is there. I've just opened it but i haven't tried it with P3D yet.

You shouldn't normally include the release folder with the source code, but in this case, I'm glad the guy did! :)

Ok, just downloaded the complete source code and found the .exe. in the /bin/release folder you specified. Will give it a try on my next flight. Thanks for the help! Wouldn't have ever found it otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

I've been using FS Flight Keeper for years. Not free but quality software and very good support from the author.

http://www.flightkeeper.net/default.asp

Just be aware it doesn't currently support FSX:SE.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Peter:

Is REX Latitude active? I looked at their news page and the last article is for a 50% sale that ends April 2013.

Tom

Says links not found. 404 error

EDIT:Found an older version below

Peter:

Is REX Latitude active? I looked at their news page and the last article is for a 50% sale that ends April 2013.

Hi Tom,

I must admit that I haven't used it in a long time, so I am not 100% sure whether the online component is still running. My guess would be yes because it wasn't really that big a deal: a web page where you could submit your flight results with scores, and an online map.

The core of REX Latitude is the client software, which produces an extremely detailed analysis of your flight. It is pretty hard to get a good score; someone aptly compared it to a flight instructor who puts a cup of coffee on the console and says "if it spills you fail". It wasn't for me, but it could be what the OP is looking for.

I wouldn't worry too much about REX not updating information on the web page and Facebook page. In my experience, they are not very diligent in keeping it up to date. 

Cheers,

Peter