Sign in to follow this  
asanal

5 Times OOM with PMDG 777

I selected TXKF-KEWR route, weather  was clear and beautiful around Bermuda. :lol:

(I made five test P3D flights  every one ended  up with OOM crashes.)

I  uninstalled 777  and clean reinstalled. 

1-Departed TXKF with Available VAS 1.6 GB :rolleyes:

2- Before decent from FL400 ,my available VAS was around 949 MB .

3- At FL180 65m to JFK VAS was 704MB -Lightning started :o

4-At 9000ft  27m to JFK around 508mb

5- 23m to KEWR at 7000Ft available VAS 401mb

6- Turning downwind Rwy 22R 7000ft was 373 MB

7-Turning base VAS dropped  to 171Mb and OOM welcomed me to KEWR

All day with different  settings  I repeat  TXKF-KEWR flights all flight ended up with OOM. :angry:

Weather condition was heavy thunderstorm with heavy lightning specially around  KJFK and KEWR.

PMDG 777 was performed perfect. Unforunetly killer OOM didn't go anywhere, :mad:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

First guess, which might be wrong, is that your weather is eating up more memory than you can afford.  Do same flight with no weather to see if that helps, and maybe you can use DXT5 cloud textures instead of something higher.. make sure you don't use HDR in cloud textures.

Normally, if I have close to 1GB of VAS remaining at TOD then the rest is easy.  If I am below 1GB remaining at TOD then I save flight before TOD and restart... it only takes a couple of minutes and I don't loose anything.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan Hi,

I will test it again.

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

Dan,

This time,  my plane was PMDG 737-600 and I flew the same route, TXKF-KEWR. Weather was clear from thunderstorms and lightning. Departed with 1.8 GB avaliable VAS ,when I turned base leg available VAS was 150MB  and you know who was waiting for me,  ugly monster  OOM :t0103:.

WE have long way to go with PMDG to eliminates OOMs, but still there are two hopes : 1- SLI enabled P3D profile 2- 64Bit. :good:

Ahmet Sanal

This time, my plane was PMDG 737-600 and I flew the same route

Like Dan Downs said try the T7 with out weather. In FSX select Clear Skies for your weather theme and in FSUIPC check Clear All Weather and Weather Settings Off. There should be no clouds and no wind. True Airspeed should be the same as Ground Speed with a couple of knots

Several weeks ago I did KJFK-VHHH over the Artic which was covered with clouds north of 70 degrees latitude. I saved the flight at about 9 hours and reloaded it The original flight might have made VHHH without an OMM but I didn't want to chance it. Heavy cloud cover over an extended period of time can suck the VAS right out of your system. 

WE have long way to go with PMDG to eliminates OOMs. :good:

I disagree.  PMDG are already one of the few companies who keep VAS usage in the forefront of their design philosophy in FSX and beyond.  In my opinion, given the amount of detail in their products, the fact that VAS usage isn't higher than what it already is...well, incredible.

VAS usage is a two-way street here.  Developers need to keep it in mind while designing their products, but there's just as much (if not more) responsibility for the user to balance tweak their settings for their system and particular types of flying.

In your particular case, if you are OOMing with clear weather in both the 777 and 737, I would simply try another route, using default scenery and no other plug-ins or utilities.  Then, I would simply let the aircraft sit at the gate for several hours or overnight while measuring VAS usage.  To see if it's a leak cause by something external to P3D, or if the way your sim is configured is the cause.  Heavy thunderstorms in NYC, even with normal scenery settings, is a large VAS consumer.  You need to establish a pattern, and as I've said in other VAS threads recently, isolate as many variables as possible.  Sure, a painful process that can be long and drawn out, but the only way to determine your specific case is to be very methodical and scientific about it.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

In FSX select Clear Skies for your weather theme and in FSUIPC check Clear All Weather and Weather Settings Off

He is using P3D I think not FSX...

Kyle,Hi

I believe PMDG is doing every possible way to eliminate the OOM issues. We are in bottleneck with P3D/FSX  and Sim developers, Everyone trying to fit in a small FS space.

What I am trying to say, until  coding  bottleneck  problem disappeared, with many other problems (low FPS) ,OOM will be gone also. Therefore my hope in short time  P3D SLI enabled with Nvidia generated driver profile and long turn will be coding 64 Bit,

You gave a great idea to VAS leak. I will do it tomorrow.

Michael,Hi

Thanks for your response. I will generate some kind check list to void OOM. Hopping  ,some programer will  achive to eliminate the OOM problem 

Artur,

Yes I am using P3D,

Ahmet Sanal

Yes I figure it out. Anyway is strange, because in FSX I resolve my OOM problem with DX10 enable with fixer. But P3D natively can use DX10 or DX11. So I don't know why in P3d still persist OOM.

My two cent. take a look in P3D forum, And i am sure you will finde some intresting information. Some days ago Looched Martin come with some tips to avoid OOM. After i follow this tips, and putt my ASN in the darkets place in the world i have 10 flightes with PMDG B777 without OOM. All flights with real weather.

Belive it ore not, butt ASN doo a realy bad jobb about VAS use in FSX and P3D. I have use around 3 weeks of testing around ASN and OOM.

What scenery addons do you use for the N.Y. area? With DD's New York City I could OOM in the default trike ...   ;-)

DD's N.Y. City installed?

DD's N.Y. Airports installed?

Aerosoft's Manhattan X?

Others? (ImagineSim, ...)

All these addons will only load into VAS once you're close to KEWR, so free VAS before your descent may not mean much.

He is using P3D I think not FSX...
That is obvious from post #1. That what he says he is using. That is why I said in post #5 "In FSX select". Maybe it's the same, maybe it's different. I don"t know.

Oliver, HI

I don't have any of these addons.

I have only Orbx FTX Global Vector and REX Essential/ASN weather engine

Steinar, Hi

LM findings regarding ASN  are about weather or weather engine?

I will check LM tips regarding OOM.

Ahmet Sanal

Orbx FTX Global Vector and REX Essential/ANS weather engine

Both of which can take up absurd amounts of VAS if you don't tune your settings appropriately.

Kyle Rodgers

Have a look at my guide in my sig it might help?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip