Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

A2A Accu-Sim T-6 officially in the pipeline

Holy crap that thing looks LOUD

ZORAN

That thing looks awesome, a real stick and rudder plane.  For those who want to learn old school stick n rudder flying, this will be the ticket.  I would bet there will be a civil/gtn version with it as well.

Cheers

TJ

Fantastic! I will be looking forward to it's release in the future.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I suppose this Accu-sim T-6 will be the first military and high performance add on for P3Dv2 for A2A. Neat.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

A bit of A2A kremlinology, though - in another thread, Lewis posted tonight that "there's always something in Alpha or Beta testing at any one time."  Which means there may be something farther along than the T-6, that we'll be seeing sooner.  They like to play things close to the vest and this wouldn't be the first time that they released something with little or no warning.  

I hope maybe its the twin thats be rumored. I have a few of their war birds but prefer to fly war mode in DCS where I can actually kill people :ph34r:  

ZORAN

Something else will be released before the T-6. A2A usually disclose information about a new product shortly before it's released. Like many other developers, they probably start on a new product even before they release their latest one. This is becauses certain development assets frees up during the end of development, most likely modeling and texturing and maybe some programming.

The T-6 is a great choice for FSX/P3D...it is a trainer after all and not an armed warbird.  Accusim has progressed a bit since the last radial projects, so this should be a much more in depth radial engine simulation.  A big radial is a nice change of pace from the typical little GA 'lawnmower' engines.  B)

I had my hopes up for a DC-3/C-47 out of the A2A stable. So although the T-6 will undoubtedly be fantastic as any A2A product, I must admit I'm a bit disappointed by their choice.

I really don't understand why no quality high-end DC-3/C-47 is being developed by any quality developer. It would be a bestseller for sure.

It can't be the lack of data or a real world reference aircraft...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Maybe they've ceeded any future DC-3 to PMDG, by gentleman's agreement? A few years back, some subject came up, and I remember this fellow "Tabs" making a somewhat cryptic comment that made me think maybe there was something in the works there as one of their side projects. I'm not trying to start rumors, and I have nothing to back it up, I'm only saying that I think such a thing could be plausible. Afterall, that avatar of RSR is him sitting not in a DC-6, but in some DC-3. There is probably nothing to that, but who knows.

Good news,  great times ahead................................and Questions  :Big Grin:

I really don't understand why no quality high-end DC-3/C-47 is being developed by any quality developer.

For years, it seemed that there was an informal agreement among developers not to develop a DC-3 in competition with MAAMsim's R4-D, since the proceeds from that went to the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum.  A2A referred to this at some point a few years back.  The situation seems to be different now that the MAAMsim aircraft is no longer in active development (although it still generates sales).  It was never made fully FSX-compatible, so one could argue that that opens the field.

An A2A DC-3/C-47 would be amazing.  But PMDG is also a candidate - the avatar that KingGidorah refers to does in fact show RSR in the cockpit of a DC-3 - it's the restored one that he owns and flies.

In the meantime - with apologies to everyone who's heard me go on about this ad nauseum - you really ought to head over to Sim Outhouse and check out the freeware C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team.  It's one of the best FSX/P3D aircraft out there - much better than the payware C-47 (by JustFlight).  Has excellent sounds and realistic engine starts, along with some wear and tear.  Not quite Accu-sim but pretty decent.  Jan Visser, who was part of the MAAMsim team, is working on an amazing vintage VC for it - probably a few months away from being finished but when it's done it'll make for a terrific package.  So no need to go Gooney-less, even in the absence of something from A2A or PMDG.