Sign in to follow this  

OOM workaround for FlyTampa's Copenhagen

Really?

Clue>>>>>>SS show weather WXR?

I don't follow. Yes, the first version has WXR (?). 

I'm just baffled by the fact that whatever I seem to do, I still only have 500 MB of free VAS on FlyTampa Copenhagen when loading up the NGX with LOD 4.5, TML 1024 and autogen set to normal. In contrast, you report having over 1 GB of free VAS.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I don't follow. Yes, the first version has WXR (?).

The P3D version had always had WXR what version on you on about.?

I still only have 500 MB of free VAS on FlyTampa Copenhagen when loading up the NGX with LOD 4.5, TML 1024 and autogen set to normal. In contrast, you report having over 1 GB of free VAS.

Just were did I say that about the NG at Copenhagen?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The P3D version had always had WXR what version on you on about.?

Just were did I say that about the NG at Copenhagen?

- Maybe I'm mistaken but all I meant was hasn't there been released an update for the NGX? Or was this just the T7.

- Secondly, I was not talking specifically to you, but the general population in here who report 1.5 GB free VAS for instance. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Its amazing what you click on before reading it  :lol:

:wink:  :BigGrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

FYI, I was able to duplicate the huge VAS consumption with the default F-35A ... it didn't OOM, but was very close 400MB free, I went from 1.3GB free on RWY 12 to 400MB free crossing the bridge.

I'm now trying to duplicate issue with a Base v2.5 12945 install using Just FT Copenhagen.  Will report back.

Cheers, Rob.

Reporting back ... FT Copenhagen on a BASE P3D 2.5 12945 (no other add-ons) does not cause a VAS issue.

Going to add Orbx FTX Global and re-test.

For those of you that have the same OOM issue with Copenhagen, can you let me know if you have Orbx Vector installed at ANY point in time (that includes if you installed it and then un-installed it per Orbx instructions).  I'm beginning to think a possible conflict in the Terrain.cfg but just thinking out loud.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

I had OOM's with the 777 every time on final only when I set LOD to 3.5 could I get in there.

But the problem is I cannot remember when I cut a lot of setting out of vector as per guide below and also I have deselected OLC.

So now with just global and vector with lots of options off as you have seen its no problem even on LOD 6.5

Hi David,

Thanks for info ... I'm testing now (on my other Test PC) with just FT Copenhagen and Orbx FTX Global.

Will report back.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I've had OOMs at FT KCPH just following AI through SuperTrafficBoard. I do have Orbx Vector. I also have UTX 2 EU placed above it in the Scenery Library.

Clayton,

Thanks for info.  Just installed Orbx FTX Global 1.30 with latest libraries and NO VAS issue at FT Copenhagen.

Next is install is OpenLC EU

Cheers, Rob.

Hmm. I have UTX2 Deactivated. Normal autogens tml=1024 tml 4.5 medium water. High shadows but only cloud shadows at 30km.Still cold and dark ngx is 3.2gb at gate A20. This is without ASN active and No fs2crew.

But i dont get the oom on take off and flying vfr around EKCH seems like 3.7gb.

How the heck do you have over 1GB free?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

How the heck do you have over 1GB free?

Goto Airport EKCH, position the aircraft on RWY-12, set weather, save flight, exit P3D, wait 30-60 seconds, double click the saved flight file .fxml (this will load P3D), don't pan or use any other view ... should be about 1.2 to 1.3 GB VAS free with PMDG 737, take-off rwy-12.

The issue isn't starting VAS (at least not with my scenario), plenty of starting VAS free, the issue is the VERY rapid VAS consumption when departing rwy-12 and straight out close the bridge.  VAS will drop from 1.2GB to 600MB to 200MB to OOM all in a matter of about 5-10 seconds ... this isn't "normal" VAS consumption.  My solution was to remove that single file I listed at the start of this thread to solve this problem.

However, now I'm trying determine if it's a conflict with Orbx products since Copenhagen alone without any other add-ons doesn't exhibit the problem.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: These are my settings: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Titan_X_4K_Set.html

I'm sorry to say I doubt it's related to any Orbx product because I have all of them installed with the single file you found enabled and I don't have any OOMs flying into and out of FT Copenhagen in the NGX with ASN running.

Richard Åsberg

Yes, the recent version of NGX. Much better on VAS then even less system-detailed Aerosoft Airbus

Just want to ask you about this, you do talk about the NGX for P3D right? I just checked my version using PMDG Operations Center and as seen below it reports I'm using the most current version and I haven't applied any updates. But maybe I bought the NGX for P3D when it was already updated and got the latest version via the full installer...?

PMDG%20NGX%20for%20P3D%20version%20info.

Richard Åsberg