Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

Want a KingAir for P3D, Milviz or Flight 1?

Can't make a choice, both have ups and downs. Flight 1's attitude towards not allowing customers to pay an update fee to take one of their products from FSX is irksome at best. And does not make me want to give them anymore of my hard earned money. Where as the Milviz product seems to be in perpetual alpha and perhaps stagnant.

Or do I ditch them both and get the Majestic Q400? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Hi,

actually I do own all 3 of them and each is a very different airplane.

The Majestic is a Must have IMHO, its very nice to fly, very good FMS/AP . It is no GA, but a small "airliner", if you know what I am trying to say.

The Milviz 350i is in the Alpha-Stage, therefore some things( like RNAV) does not function yet, but this Alpha-plane is much more "ready" to fly than some other "final release" products (the Hawker comes in mind...). It has an upgradable FMS and much more gimmicks and you will profit from all future updates until the final product with no additional costs. There might be some time until the final product, but I get regular free updates, if something new was implemented and tested !

The Flight 1 200 is a very nice plane , too. It has no "real" FMS, but a quite good Garmin 1000-Avionics with all its pros and cons.

So, I hope this may help in your decision.

Happy Landings,

Tris

Your decision process is similar to mine on FSX->P3D.  I don't have any desire to maintain both sims and yet there are reasons why I need to.  If someone offers the same product for both, I weigh the cost of having to pay again for that product for P3D later.  If it's too much (and with Flight1 it pretty much always is) then I just decide to hold off on it and wait until I've moved to P3D completely...I go hunt for something else to buy. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As the person doing most of the work on the KA-350i I can unequivocally state that progress is being made. A lot of my work depends on others, so sometimes things move along a bit slower than I'd prefer too. :Big Grin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm waiting for Milviz to be further along to get the 350i.  Can't speak for the Flight1.  The Majestic is an absolute must.

sig01.png

Here's only 2 things I can point out that maybe will help in your decision:

1. I own the F1 B200 - it's not quite what some might call a study-sim (assuming you're already familiar with the G1000) that takes a long time to get up in the air flying, but it's full featured enough so that you'll benefit from reading some tutorials...in other words it'll keep you well entertained with plenty to do but at the same time it's pretty quick getting her started and ready for takeoff. The biggest issue I can point out is that I've never been satisfied with the refresh rate on the main flight display since I do alot of IMC approaches and the displays always seem to be well below what my frame rates are...for me the primary flight gauges need to be butter smooth, and these simply aren't.

2. I do not own the Miliviz 350 but I just recently inquired about it the other day and was told that it will not be supporting any WAAS/LPV approaches in the future. Why, I have no idea but this was mentioned to me by a Milviz staff member here on the Avsim forums last week. So if you're heavily into flying those approach types you may be disappointed.

I do not own the Q400 either, but I can't recall reading anything bad about it. Of course it's a much larger plane used for longer flights and higher altitudes and I have no idea if it's capable of landing or taking off at smaller fields or not. Also from what I understand, it is much more of a study-sim.

Why not go for the Real Air Turbine Duke v2 with GTN?  I tried the F1 B200, while it was a very nice plane, it was too big for the kind of flying I like.  Comparing a Turbine Duke to the King Air 200 or 350 feels like comparing a Porsche Cayenne to a passenger van.

Cheers

TJ

TJ, I have to agree, it is by very, very far my favorite GA plane.  I got the GTN750 to go with it, absolute dream.

sig01.png

I can only comment on Flight1 KA, and it's a real joy to fly in P3D, also had it in FSX and took advantage of their $10 discount. Will also buy Milviz 350i when released. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three you mentioned, they have all gotten great reviews.....And yes the Duke with the GTN750 is also a very sweet aircraft....

Much to my future dissapointment, I doubt that Fr. Bill, being of the priestly sort, will give us a Barbie Doll copilot such as the one that exists for the F1 King Air. :) However, for the rest of the Milviz King Air, I have high hopes: Solid instrumentation, as they tend to do, and good Milviz flight model. I highly anticipate it, and I might even go get it in the Alpha stage. I liked many things about the F1 King Air, but on balance there were a couple of crucial things I really didn't, so unfortunately I don't use it anymore. It was a tough choice, but it just wasn't one of those planes that sucked me in, in the way that I think it could have. I'm very particular about how a plane feels in the hands and on the feet: The Milviz Cessna has "it", the Majestic has it, most A2A planes and PMDG planes, and every single thing I've flown in DCS has "it"; but the F1 King Air didn't quite make that mark for me. For others it does. If you're interested in the G1000 though, and that's your emphasis, I think the F1 would be excellent for that certainly. And there is no doubt it is an absolutely beautiful airplane visually.

Yes, I think I'd agree with ^^ ..... I find it very hard to put my finger on what it is, but I just don't fly the F1 King Air very often, and whenever I give it another try, I'm always left a little unsatisfied by it.  It has a sterility that F1's Citation Mustang doesn't have (making the comparison due to them both being G1000 aircraft).   I also find the F1 King Air pretty taxing on frame rates and with a bit of a lack of smoothness, compared to the Majestic Q400 and Milviz 350 (both of which I also own).    I wasn't moved to claim a refund from F1 for the King Air but I was close.... and it is primarily a hangar queen within my fleet.

Yes, I think I'd agree with ^^ ..... I find it very hard to put my finger on what it is, but I just don't fly the F1 King Air very often, and whenever I give it another try, I'm always left a little unsatisfied by it. It has a sterility that F1's Citation Mustang doesn't have (making the comparison due to them both being G1000 aircraft). I also find the F1 King Air pretty taxing on frame rates and with a bit of a lack of smoothness, compared to the Majestic Q400 and Milviz 350 (both of which I also own). I wasn't moved to claim a refund from F1 for the King Air but I was close.... and it is primarily a hangar queen within my fleet.

I don't have either of these aircraft.  I did buy the Carenado B200 and found it immensely boring to fly which has kept me from buying any more King Airs.  I do still love flying the Flight1 Mustang.  Just something about that plane.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Much to my future dissapointment, I doubt that Fr. Bill, being of the priestly sort, will give us a Barbie Doll copilot such as the one that exists for the F1 King Air. :)

Apparently you never noticed the pilot's girlfriend in the Eaglesoft DA42 TDi then. She seems to have a very nice set of landing lights. Of course, I don't decide what figures go into the final product for Milviz though: :dance:

da42test000001.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

LOL Bill, I always thought tha DA42 gal looked like she had a 5'Oclock shadow :lol:

I hope the ESDG boys consider visiting the DA-42 again with their fleet overhauling projects.  If they do decide to revamp the DA-42, I hope they take a look at the latest DA-42-VI, which has some impressive performance figures.  An ESDG DA-42-VI would be absolutely fantastic.

Cheers

TJ

Apparently you never noticed the pilot's girlfriend in the Eaglesoft DA42 TDi then. She seems to have a very nice set of landing lights.

:lol:  :lol: