Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Nvidia 352.86 ...!

I think there's placebo all over this driver release here. And I don't think this is the release that LM was anticipating.

You've always been able to enable SLI it's simply whether or not P3D takes advantage of it. That, and nVidia Inspector has come with a P3D profile for who knows how long.

This latest release merely looks like it's addressing The Witcher 3. I'm pretty sure when the P3D-ready release comes out, the release notes will say as much.

I know it's a novel idea but read the driver description:

In the new GeForce Game Ready The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt drivers, the following SLI profiles have been introduced or updated:

• Magicka 2 - Added DirectX 11 SLI profile
  • Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Updated DirectX 11 SLI profile
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Updated DirectX 11 SLI profile
  • World of Warships - Added DirectX 9 SLI profile

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-352-86-whql-driver-released

This release is a new development branch.  There may be a few changes that they aren't listing as "features" in this, as the code is different, more towards optimizing than fixes (then fixes from the old branch get included from the old branch on release).  From what I've read, this branch, which has been in the works for a while, is probably going to be slightly more efficient, as usual for a new branch.  

Also, we might start wanting to take a closer look at Windows 10 now.  I've been reading that latest drivers are improving many games performance over windows 7/8/8.1 etc.  (This branch was used in Windows 10 first). There are rumors of an early official release this summer, with final updates released via the new windows update method (more substantial updates more often).   Don't quote me on any of this though.  Not well confirmed.

That, and nVidia Inspector has come with a P3D profile for who knows how long.

No, the prior nVidia profiles do NOT have these Prepar3D SLi entries ... I did check.  I'm 99% certain this IS the driver.

Cheers, Rob.

Maybe it's not the one they plan to announce, but it sure is nice to have it.  I don't mind being a guinea pig for this.  Now quit blogging Rob and install that card!

Sitting with a 1st gen Titan card and thinking of going SLI but I'm not very tempted getting a second 1st gen Titan card considering it's age vs cost ratio.

When Titan X was released I first played with the thought getting one but later decided it probably wouldn't be worth it looking at the expected performance increase vs the high price. I thought a better option would be to wait for 980Ti which will probably perform like a Titan X but at a considerable lower cost.

However now with SLI support coming for P3D (or might even already be here) I'm thinking maybe 2 970s would give a very nice boost and at a very reasonable cost. And maybe the boost would be so good that waiting for the 980Ti and use that card for an SLI setup wouldn't justify the extra cost (and waiting).

What do you guys think?

Richard Åsberg

So what exactly does one need to do to take advantage of SLI? Sorry it might be a daft question but i have 2 gtx670's and don't really seem to be getting better performance. Both cards look to be being utilised.

Jason Jackett

No, the prior nVidia profiles do NOT have these Prepar3D SLi entries ... I did check.  I'm 99% certain this IS the driver.

Cheers, Rob.

If Rob is 99% sure this is the new driver for P3D, that is good enough for me! And that's the truth.

- Bill Magann

EDIT - just been reading - with a 780 you may be able to run 3 monitors off the master, in SLI
 Thanks for your feedback.  

Hey everyone, What power PSU are you using for your 2x SLI?  I thought I did right for SLI with the "SLI ready" Corsair HX750 when I first set up this box 2 years ago but I had no idea I'd be up to 6 drives and fans.  I'm getting a little nervous about power.

If Rob is 99% sure this is the new driver for P3D, that is good enough for me! And that's the truth.
 Yeah, by now Rob's instincts are honed to know when the wind changes direction by a few degrees in P3D.

Again, I refer everyone to the release notes. The new sli options could very well just be a precursor for the profile LM has been anticipating.

consider it an easter egg then.  dont care official or not.  devs dont always tell right away.  it hasnt been "a few weeks" anyway.

Did basically nothing for me to be SLI on 970's sadly.

Green bar (SLI indicator) seems to be indicating that P3D isn't doing very good at spreading the load across both GPU's (short green bar - maybe 1-2" tall usually when sim in motion - paused the green bar gets much much taller)

Did basically nothing for me to be SLI on 970's sadly.

Green bar (SLI indicator) seems to be indicating that P3D isn't doing very good at spreading the load across both GPU's (short green bar - maybe 1-2" tall usually when sim in motion - paused the green bar gets much much taller)

Stating the obvious SLI is not implemented on P3D side of things yet - maybe on the next SP there might be something a bit more official - looks like a place holder presently

Rich Sennett

Nvidia drivers in windows 10 are whql now.  so i will make the switch in a few days, after seeing what sli brings to 8.1.

its a clean 8.1 install now, couple days old, so win 10 would be done via update path

Yes I noticed sky colors were much richer and previously noticeable lines across the horizon/skyline are now blended without using HDR.  Good catch....

Looks like they removed the option in desktop color settings to switch between full range RGB instead of limited range RGB I wonder if they now just force full range.

In previous driver releases the default was limited range RGB and to me it looked terrible, I always changed this setting to full range RGB immediately , the difference is very noticeable,

This was a tweak I was going to post a while ago but I figured most people knew about it. Now it appears that the option is removed from our control. Im wondering now what the setting is since we can't control it....

EDIT: Nevermind the setting is still there , they just moved it to the resolution page - indeed they did change the default to full dynamic range. Still if you are using an older driver you can switch to full RGB to get the same nice full range color as this driver.

Slayer, I was thinking this too. Although I read yesterday that they moved the option somewhere else. I want to say 'resolution' but I can't check right now. 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter