Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Nvidia 352.86 ...!

Say all you like it's working for me. Whether its just a better driver or SLI, with 60cm photo. add-on airfields, autogen, 3d buildings, Opus running with very serious cloud, Plan-G, sliders 75% to full, on 3 monitors largest with main sim at 2560x1440, measly 2x670, presumably only using the 2Gb from one card as SLI.  (NVidia control Panel has P3D profile AND SLI rendering settings which work).

What's that you ask? - oh, with all that, never less than 50 FPS,up to around 85, very smooth, no noticeable stutters at all.  Much sharper, no blurries. 

Don't see how anyone can naysay or whatever without trying for themselves.  Some people's glasses always half-empty?  :P    I'll believe Rob's 99% sure. don't forget SLI won't bring miracles - it's still CPU bound and 64 bit for the full Monty

Denali, further to monitors, yes even my 670s work with all 3 into master(top), and without surround in my case. Changed a Displayport connect back to HDMI .  Found the right NVidia config tool  You could put 4 on a 780 pair

I am amazed at some of the stuff I am reading in this thread.

I HAVE been running SLI in P3D for almost a year. I use EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner to monitor the GPU. The load is split evenly across the GPU's. This was with 347.88 drivers. This new driver, set up the same as the 347.88 is smoother in my initial tests. It appears that fps are affected positively - I lock at 20 and in extreme weather with hi res a/c I can get the GPU's close to 100% and the fps will start to fall off. Similar situation with this driver, the GPU's don't get maxed as quickly so the fps stays constant, which is smoother overall.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So P3D has actually had SLI support even before this latest version of the driver?

Richard Åsberg

I am amazed at some of the stuff I am reading in this thread.

I HAVE been running SLI in P3D for almost a year. I use EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner to monitor the GPU. The load is split evenly across the GPU's. This was with 347.88 drivers. This new driver, set up the same as the 347.88 is smoother in my initial tests. It appears that fps are affected positively - I lock at 20 and in extreme weather with hi res a/c I can get the GPU's close to 100% and the fps will start to fall off. Similar situation with this driver, the GPU's don't get maxed as quickly so the fps stays constant, which is smoother overall.

Vic

Vic, what resolution are you running at?

Have you changed any settings with the latest driver that has the "official" SLI support also?

So P3D has actually had SLI support even before this latest version of the driver?

Not sure if it has proper support but I've seen too many posts from members of this forum who have had some success with P3D and SLI. I was using 347.88 and while it did use both GPU's, it was not as smooth or consistent as with the current driver. Take that with a grain of salt though as I only got my second card last week so did not have much time to play around with it. I will say it is definitely smoother with this driver and SLI seems to work better than it did with 347.88.

Vic, what resolution are you running at?

Have you changed any settings with the latest driver that has the "official" SLI support also?

Running 1920x1200

I changed the AA settings(4sgss and 8xCSAA) and I set SLI select to TWO rather than auto.

SO far so good.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

No, the prior nVidia profiles do NOT have these Prepar3D SLi entries ... I did check.  I'm 99% certain this IS the driver.

Cheers, Rob.

Not Doubting you Rob.!! but where is the Nvidia Release statement??, they do not release profile support without notification, until i see it in writing i`ll mark this as placebo, i see no difference with my 2 780`s than 2 months ago with 2.5 release.

tpewpb-6.png

Running 1920x1200

I changed the AA settings(4sgss and 8xCSAA) and I set SLI select to TWO rather than auto.

SO far so good.

Vic

Interesting. The setting of 2 is just in the main SLI selection area for NVIDIA settings?

Even if you get proper SLI the cpu is still a liming factor. In other words if your cpu is already maxed out from the sim you're not going to notice much except being able to run higher settings that rely mainly on the gpu and or higher resolutions

Interesting. The setting of 2 is just in the main SLI selection area for NVIDIA settings?

It's in the SLI section of NVI. If I leave it on auto, I do not get the load split between the GPU's.

Even if you get proper SLI the cpu is still a liming factor. In other words if your cpu is already maxed out from the sim you're not going to notice much except being able to run higher settings that rely mainly on the gpu and or higher resolutions

And that's a good thing!  If you system runs smooth at 20 or 30, you're not going to get any better by going to 50 or 60, so the GPU benefit is the thing. 

Vic

Running 1920x1200

SO far so good.

Vic

SGSS without a serious FPS drop?

Interesting indeed if we had the possibility to run proper SLI all the time by just using the correct settings choosing 2 rather than auto.

Richard Åsberg

Not Doubting you Rob.!! but where is the Nvidia Release statement??, they do not release profile support without notification, until i see it in writing i`ll mark this as placebo, i see no difference with my 2 780`s than 2 months ago with 2.5 release.

No way, you actually want confirmation from the people that made the driver profile and not just take the word of the pros here on AVSIM?

Placebo? Here? On AVSIM?

[/sarc]

Thanks Rick, at least someone else is avoiding the increasingly mindless group-think that seems to be taking over AVSIM.

Another good point. But hey, what do we know? I like all of these folks talking about driver versions and settings as they're flying over Manhattan in the PMDG 777 with a bunch of AI and core 0 is totally maxed. And then they have the gall to talk about GPU-related "stutters."

hmm - I have a single EVGA GTX780SC ACX which is hard to come by these days and was just wondering if i can have my setup intact if i fing another card to go SLI.

Current I have :

1 x 1920x1200 (main)

1 x 1280x1024 (for PFD,ND,GTN750 etc)

1 x CDUII 1024-768

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

hmm - I have a single EVGA GTX780SC ACX which is hard to come by these days and was just wondering if i can have my setup intact if i fing another card to go SLI.

Current I have :

1 x 1920x1200 (main)

1 x 1280x1024 (for PFD,ND,GTN750 etc)

1 x CDUII 1024-768

Thanks

Michael

I wish you good luck finding another 780 Mike, i found one by chance after bumping into an ASUS rep at a computer store and asked him if could help out, hence my second card, i see all sorts of lessor known brands on ebay for outrageous prices, no thanks..

tpewpb-6.png