Sign in to follow this  
4tboy

Lost CDs 32 and 64 bit Registry...

Long story cut short, I have lost my CDs. I have a 32 bit system, and on that HDD I have FS2004 installed and working. If I were to copy and paste the entire FS2004 folder into Program Files (x86) (New 64-bit HDD PC) and bring over the FS2004 registry, would this work? Would I have to tweak the registry?

Cheers.

No tweaks, Use Flight1's registry tool to point the registry to FS9.exe. Dont forget  to copy the FS9 folder in 'My Documents' as well.

Then just make a shortcut of the FS9.exe for the desktop. Turn UAC right down!

That should be all needed,

Cheers, Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

No tweaks, Use Flight1's registry tool to point the registry to FSX.exe. Dont forget  to copy the FSX folder in 'My Documents' as well.

Then just make a shortcut of the FSX.exe for the desktop. Turn UAC right down!

That should be all needed,

Cheers, Robin

FSX ?????????  You made a wrong turn somewhere!

Oops, me bad! :fool:  Turned left instead of right! But I've changed my original posting & the info is the same, with FSX replaced with FS9! Sorry for the confusion! :Whistle:  :p0503:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

For payware scenery and aircraft you will do best to reinstall those. Licence issues will give yo problems otherwise. Backup your aircraft.cfg and texture folders as you can copy those over folliowing a reinstall.

Peter Schluter

Long story cut short, I have lost my CDs. I have a 32 bit system, and on that HDD I have FS2004 installed and working. If I were to copy and paste the entire FS2004 folder into Program Files (x86) (New 64-bit HDD PC) and bring over the FS2004 registry, would this work? Would I have to tweak the registry?

Cheers.

FS9 requires the 4th CD in your DVD player. There is no other 'legal' option to run FS9 even if you move FS9 to another folder. If you lost your CD's, then you have no option but to get FSX-SE as it is very difficult to find FSX/Acceleration on sale. Or you could move up to Prepar3D or X-Plane.

Topic locked to avoid discussing any pirating options.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10