Sign in to follow this  
shamrock122

GCRR Lanzarote - FSX

Hello,

I am currently working on developing a scenery for Lanzarote (ICAO = GCRR) Airport in the Canary Islands.

The scenery will feature 12cm aerial imagery and will contain a full array of custom vehicles, buildings and objects to bring the maximum amount of realism to the airport.

Here are a few screenshots, and i will post more in the near future:

1_zpswek7ubbd.jpg

9_zps09n8os8m.jpg

8_zpshq8ymrgb.jpg

7_zpsoa5akgsj.jpg

6_zpsbvgrvlkz.jpg

5_zpsyjvxrzfz.jpg

4_zps3uacztw4.jpg

3_zpszvp6durw.jpg

Looks very promissing, sure would like to see the end result.

Cheers!

Maarten

Looks awesome.

I'm assuming this is going to a freeware release since you're advertising it here. As you probably know, it's against Avsim's TOS for commercial developers to advertise payware products in the Screen Shot forum, hence the reason I assume that this will be a free product.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I cant wait to give this scenery a try, it looks amazing! Great job! :)

Cheers!

Maarten

I removed one post from the developer where he indicated the product was released and provided a link to the store. This is in violation of the ToS as it is free advertising of a product. A commercial developer can post pictures of his project. Just no advertising or links to the product. We have members who find new products all of the time and come on here and post pictures all of the time. I have no problems with that too as long as there is no link to the store.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

A commercial developer can post pictures of his project. Just no advertising or links to the product.

Isn't a payware developer posting screen shots of either a completed project or one in development considered advertising even if they don't post a link to the purchase page? That would be like someone from FlyTampa posting screen shots here of a new airport they just completed just to let everyone know. Even if they don't post a link, it's advertising just the same because they made people aware of a new product that they didn't know about before, and everyone knows how to find the FlyTampa site, so a link isn't even necessary.

So just so I understand, FDST, Flightbeam, FlyTampa, or any other 3PD's can post screen shots of new products either in development or at completion just to let everyone know and that is ok, as long as they don't post a link to either their website or to the purchase page?

Commercial Users and Advertising: Commercial users are NOT allowed to advertise within the AVSIM forums or elsewhere within AVSIM without the prior approval of AVSIM Staff. Commercial users are allowed to post information regarding upcoming sales, bargains, etc., but ONLY in the BARGAIN HUNTER'S SHACK Forum or their own forum hosted by AVSIM.

We have members who find new products all of the time and come on here and post pictures all of the time. I have no problems with that too as long as there is no link to the store.

Best regards,

Yeah I agree that is no problem and shouldn't be as long as the screen shots they took are their own and they aren't copying the developers preview screen shots and then reposting them here.

However, the fellow who started this thread identified himself as the one who is developing the scenery, so to me that is advertising regardless of providing a link or not.

I apologize then for misinterpreting the rules and I will imagine that all the 3rd party payware developers will be delighted that they can now begin using the screen shot forum to post previews of their works in progress as long as they don't provide any links. No better way to reach out to hundreds or thousands of simmers to showcase their work than Avsim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You did not misinterpret the rules.  You just have to know IMHO what constitutes advertising.

The key is whether the product is new or old (existing). I want our members to know about new products as they are being developed and information on when the product is released. That's what forums are all about!! AVSIM even posts this information on the front page when it becomes known that the product has been developed and released (for free!!). It's really not advertising. The product is not up for sale yet.  It's the developer or a member telling the membership that a NEW product is being developed and, when it is released, information that the product has been released. 

After the NEW product has been released, the developer can still post pictures of his product here but no advertising.  So say, for instance, GEX or Orbx/FTX scenery that has been released....  Photos can be shown but no additional information that would constitute advertising such as:  "Here's a picture of FTX Pacific Northwest scenery" (this sentence alone is okay).  You can buy the product at ABC Store or more information can be obtained at the following link" (this sentence not okay).  Heck, in the screenshot forum we have tons of pictures of MegaSceneryEarth products on display every day!!  You just do not see links to the products or any advertising (most of the time).

Developers can advertise on AVSIM but only in their own forum hosted here at AVSIM or to let us know about a sale in the Bargain Hunter's Shack Forum.  If it is an existing product, then it must be placed in the Bargain Hunter's Forum if there is any advertising or anything that we believe constitutes advertising in the post or topic.  Just showing a picture does not necessarily mean the developer is advertising unless he has information about the website embedded in the picture.  We all like pretty pictures and examples of the flight simulation community unique skills and techniques!

Of course, we do appreciate those developers who provide paid advertisements here at AVSIM and we encourage our membership to support those advertisers by purchasing their products.

It gets complicated when a developer or a member here at AVSIM posts a picture of a product without any advertisement as above, and then some other member responds to the topic and says something like "hey!  That's great looking scenery (or a beautiful aircraft).  Where can I get it?"  Then the developer or individual posts the information that constitutes advertising.  Posts like that will most likely be moved to the Bargain Hunter's forum when found by a moderator or reported to a moderator.

The Board of Directors' that created the current AVSIM Terms of Service simply stated, "commercial users are not allowed to advertise within the AVSIM forums or elsewhere within AVSIM without the prior approval of AVSIM Staff", to keep it short and simple.  I have interpreted this rule and, unfortunately, it is subject to more interpretations.  I understand that members here will try to interpret what I stated above as that's how oral and written communications are all about - interpretation.  Individuals will now think there is a new rule in town and they can do anything they please.  The rule have not changed.  There is no advertising allowed without the prior approval of AVSIM Staff.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10