Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

***PSA***NVidia 352.86 Drivers Do Not Work With X-Plane

http://developer.x-plane.com/2015/05/nvidia-352-86-drivers-do-not-work-with-x-plane/

NVidia 352.86 Drivers Do Not Work With X-Plane
Posted on May 18, 2015 by Ben Supnik

I’ve received a few bug reports about this today: NVidia’s new 352.86 WHQL drivers for Windows do not work with X-Plane 10. I’m contacting Nvidia now to figure out what has happened.

In the meantime, to fly X-Plane, use the previous 340.52 WHQL driver.

I’ll post more when I learn more; we’ll resolve this with either a driver update or an X-Plane update, based on what has actually gone wrong and which can happen first.

Nvidia has been so eager to cater to the latest big budget titles, that they seem to be dropping the ball on other things.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yea,I couldn't even get XPlane to boot up,Had to roll back.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Update: NVidia was able to suggest a work-around in our shaders that avoids what I think is a driver bug. Since we can cut an X-Plane build faster than NVidia can re-release their drivers, I have cut X-Plane 10.36 rc1.

You can get 10.36 rc1 by running the updater and checking “get new betas”; the updater will run even with the newest NVidia drivers.

10.36 rc1 is identical to 10.35 except for version number and a single shader change, but it’s also highly untested; I wanted to get it posted ASAP to accelerate the process. So please give it a try and file a bug if it doesn’t work like 10.35 (but working with the new NVidia drivers.)

Awesome dev work on the quick fix. That's what I call fast. :Shocked:

And thanks for the hu in general, Vincent. :smile: Greetings to all Witcher fans.

I can confirm that this 10.36r1 update solves the problem with that latest nVidia update, at least on my machine. All working fine now.

Thank you!

:smile: And greetings to all Witcher fans.

Yeah, I didn't want to admit to why I didn't want to roll back. But there it is.  :P

Everyone happy on this local HD and SSD now.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Ran updater for beta and says the d/l size is 128gb - have it on a ssd250 with 58gb remaining - how do I d/l the ver 10.36r1?

Like Phantom88 will not load - do not want to reinstall other driver - using it for other progs.

I like xplane too.

Denis B

Hi,

Like bursco I ran the updater and it wanted to download 20GB data. I will wait and see if there is a leaner fix than this.

Keep up the good work,

John.

Tried again for curosity and its jumped to a 360gb d/l - whoops???

Denis B

I have the luxury of a pair of big 4TB drives, but the pain of a slow DSL internet connection.  Perhaps I can trade with someone ... :lol:

Hold on a few - This should help

Update 2: Sigh…this is what happens when I try to rush out a patch. The 10.36 patch’s free space calculation is totally borked. This will be fixed some time today. (This will be the third time I cut a patch.)

John Wingold

Hold on a few - This should help

Update 2: Sigh…this is what happens when I try to rush out a patch. The 10.36 patch’s free space calculation is totally borked. This will be fixed some time today. (This will be the [/size]third time I cut a patch.)[/size]

Thankyou sir - will take a look later - very quick response

Denis B

Downloaded the beta update (10.36rc1, 135mb) and installed the NVIDIA driver (352.86) and it works, sort of. X-Plane crashes sometimes after a while and seems a little unstable. But hey! this is Beta.

What I really like is the fact that there are dedicated guys working on this great Sim, keep up the good work, thank you!!

Edited by torfih

Torfi

A bit off-topic but not completely

While Ben is in talks with Nvidia  (as I believe 10.36 is a termporary solution until nvidia fixes their drivers) , I saw in the comment on the blog that wasn't  aware of the problem with threaded optimization/newer drivers and stutters.

Personaly Im not suferring from these anymore , but if somebody is , please file a bug report about this , that drivers which are newer than 337.88 are causing some stutters.

Ben said that threaded optimization in theory , may increase performance , however right now as we can see it causes stutters , so if Nvidia will be aware of this and in talks with Ben they might fix all of those issues in their next drivers.