Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

An old favourite .....GTN'ed

Remember when Carenado used to make good bread and butter GA aircraft, with fantastic frame rates, at low prices, and you never heard (many) complaints about systems?.... :smile:

I still love flying the Carenado 182Q, so decided to treat it to this GTN750 upgrade.   It was the simplest GTN750 integration I've ever done - 20 second job!

Why would anyone fly this old add-on, I hear you ask.....  well, I use this aircraft when I want to fly in areas that are FPS intensive.    .... like flying around the south coast of England, in Orbx ENG, with all of their addon airfields, in close proximity to EGLL and EGKK, and with autogen set to max. :smile: .... In the A2A C182 I'd see a performance drop in this scenario, but in the Carenado C182Q, it's 50+ FPS all day long! ........ oh and it flies GREAT! .....so much "nicer" to handle than the A2A! ..... (notice I said "nicer" and not "more realistic".   :wink:

113.jpg

213.jpg

313.jpg

Very nice set up!

HLJAMES

Nice shots and thanks Craig for reminding me that I have their C 182 RG stil hidden somewhere in my virtual hangar. That reminds me that I also have the Digital Avation Cheyenne, which I used to fly for hours on end. In those days someone once told me that if you can fly that thing in FSX, you can fly it in the real world too. Never got to try it, but it made me liking the Cheyenne even more :smile:  :smile:  

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080